Unusual cave life

mikem

In last couple of weeks we've found a baby Pike at bottom of entrance pitch in St Cuthbert's & a dead Robin just before the pitches in Rhino Rift (it must have been seeking shelter from the cold / snow) - what else has anyone seen?

Mike

mikem

Find lots of frogs, toads & newts underground in Mendip, even the occasional Slow-worm or Adder...

Mike

yrammy

There was a dead sheep at the bottom of  Nettle Pot but I guess that does not count. I know it to be true though, I abseiled into it.

mikem

Plenty of dead sheep, cows & even horses been recorded in various holes; also hares, rabbits, bats, badgers, foxes, rats & mice - but the live pig that SSSS rescued from the bottom of an 80ft shaft on Sandford Hill will take some beating!

Mike

jbaer

Came face to face with a fox in the upper series of Wookey.  Fortunately he seem more scared of me than I was of him.

Kenilworth

I've encountered catfish, shad, carp, raccoon, skunk, beaver, opossum, lynx, fox, coyote, cow, deer, black bear, snapping turtle, vulture, and a variety of snakes as well as loads of frogs, box turtles and salamanders. That's not counting the troglobitic critters.