Survex and Hp printers.

menacer

For reasons above my level of understanding, I am unable to print processed survex files from my HP printer.
Basically the line doesnt print out whilst the rest of the stuff (scale/Northing etc does)

For now Ive had to use another printer - same file, on a brother printer and this worked fine.

Reading the Survex help files this bit seems mostly relevent However I have no idea what it means or where to start or if this will help.
Could anyone please help??
Customising Printer Settings

The only settings most users will want to customise are which printer definition is used, and where to send the output. If you're using a Dot Matrix Printer you will also need to set calibration details.

You shouldn't modify the master print.ini (located in /usr/share/survex on Unix, or in the same directory as the Survex program files on other systems), or your changes will be overwritten by upgrades. Instead create:

/etc/survex/print.ini (Unix - system-wide settings)

~/.survex/print.ini (Unix - per user settings)

myprint.ini in the directory where Survex is installed (other platforms)

The drivers look for the section "[dm]", "[ps]", "[pcl]" or "[hpgl]" as appropriate. The file you create should should contain something like this to select a particular printer:

[pcl]
like=pcl_modern_a4

wookey

What command/method are you using to do the printing? The Aven preview method or a printpcl command? What is the model of the working printer and the non-working printer?