Any plans for cave surveying field meets (digital or otherwise)?

cavermark

Are there any plans for cave surveying field meets (digital or otherwise) in the near future?

The CSG website mentions one for 2002...

Thanks

wookey

Yeah. I need to update that website :)

Not explicitly. There was supposed to be one this Jan but Andrew buggered off to South America at short notice so it got canned. There will almost certainly be one sometime this year, probably oop north. That is likely to be another paperless surveying training course as there seems to be plenty of demand for this. Was there anything you particularly wanted to do?

Feedback on what sort of Cave surveying meets people are interested in is very welcome. People organising them is even more welcome :)

cavermark

wookey said:
Yeah. I need to update that website :)

Not explicitly. There was supposed to be one this Jan but Andrew buggered off to South America at short notice so it got canned. There will almost certainly be one sometime this year, probably oop north. That is likely to be another paperless surveying training course as there seems to be plenty of demand for this. Was there anything you particularly wanted to do?

Feedback on what sort of Cave surveying meets people are interested in is very welcome. People organising them is even more welcome :)

Paperless surveying course oop north would be what I'm interested in...(or maybe a workshop at HE?)
Thanks

andrew

There is a planned CSG Paperless Surveying Training weekend in Yorkshire, a proposed one in Devon, and an idea for an advanced course in South Wales, which should cover the next 18 months. There are very few of us that deliver this, so we limit ourselves to a couple a year, but the deal is that the 'locals' take on the actually planning and administration and we deliver over the weekend. As yet we have not proposed dates.
Personally I do not think that a workshop at HE would be very practical, most people seem to find the 2 day course very intense and unfortunately we can only cover the basics, there will probably be and overview of the state of the art, and how the cave data archive is growing

Andrew
With CSG Secretary hat on