One really important question remains unanswered

2xw

Bidens Irish American roots, strongly held, mean if Boris breaks the GFA a trade deal with America is much more difficult. Consequently, a deal is reached with the EU that doesn't break the GFA (no deal is off the table) - a fresh BCA, now comfortable with lobbying, manages to convince the negotiators to levy a tariff on the import of foreign made caving equipment. A new cottage industry arises, an explosion of British made equipment all coming from the man who has been planning this for years: Tony Seddon. Now fabulously wealthy in the style of Mansa Musa, he buys Ogof Draenan, renames it Ogof yr Afon Ddim Seren and digs 28 new entrances. He then goes on to buy most other caves, rendering the Crow debate entirely useless, and sets up a new retirement home for cavers to to argue endlessly about lamps, run by NAMHO.

Caving historians will create tomes of literature linking these events directly to the vote share in Sullivan, PA and that time Trump called some soldiers suckers and losers

Pitlamp

Caver or not, it probably means we can all sleep easier in our beds, as the clown presently in control of America's nuclear arsenal will be kicked out soon.

Pitlamp

. . . and sincere congratulations to Kamala Harris, for whom I'm particularly pleased.

ogofmole

Code:
t probably means we can all sleep easier in our beds, as the clown presently in control of America's nuclear arsenal will be kicked out soon.

He has still got until  20th January to find out what that red button does, then Biden has to clean up the mess. I would not put this past him.

pwhole

I get the impression from the noises coming out of the Republican party that once they realise their legal challenges are bust they'll contrive some sort of misfortune to sort it out. Perhaps a stumbling accident in the bedroom with Melania and a large, heavy satin pillow. She needs a break and a new career - maybe she could present the next series of Bake-Off? Or maybe a loose stair-carpet rail could be loosened some more. There's always good old apoplexy for self-deliverance. Somewhat in the vein of a HM Bateman cartoon.

As for Biden, he certainly doesn't approve of Brexit, so I think that's going to be the next bit of chaos as far as we're concerned. We have been their 'gatekeeper' to the EU, but we won't be now, and our diminished stature in that regard will be hard to disguise meaningfully. His loyalties to the Irish will also load the dice against us even further with the GFA. I write 'us' rhetorically, as I had nothing to do with any of that crock o shit.

As for caving, well - I'm sure we can find something to have an argument about. BS Standards having to be applied to chest ascenders instead of CE marks? Chlorinated elbow pads? Agreed that Tony Seddon will probably end up ruling over everyone, but we've had far worse.

Tommy

2xw said:
Bidens Irish American roots, strongly held, mean if Boris breaks the GFA a trade deal with America is much more difficult. Consequently, a deal is reached with the EU that doesn't break the GFA (no deal is off the table) - a fresh BCA, now comfortable with lobbying, manages to convince the negotiators to levy a tariff on the import of foreign made caving equipment. A new cottage industry arises, an explosion of British made equipment all coming from the man who has been planning this for years: Tony Seddon. Now fabulously wealthy in the style of Mansa Musa, he buys Ogof Draenan, renames it Ogof yr Afon Ddim Seren and digs 28 new entrances. He then goes on to buy most other caves, rendering the Crow debate entirely useless, and sets up a new retirement home for cavers to to argue endlessly about lamps, run by NAMHO.

Caving historians will create tomes of literature linking these events directly to the vote share in Sullivan, PA and that time Trump called some soldiers suckers and losers

Do you write for Dankness Below?

al

But (looking on the bright side) the most likely outcome is that Joe's old age finally catches up with him and, hey presto, the US of A gets its first female, black president!

AR

My gut feeling is that Biden never intended to do more than one term, and will hand over to Harris to run for the next one. He's done the thing that needed to be done...

tony from suffolk

Oh, what deep joy to see the Orange Moron given the boot!

124368904_10221176018682834_3764521165509915593_o.jpg

Stuart France

Graigwen said:
2xw said:
... , he buys Ogof Draenan, renames it Ogof yr Afon Ddim Seren
  Wonderful!

No need to dig 28 new entrances....

"Cave of the river not star"?  I get your drift, but what you meant is "Ogof yr Afon Ddi-Seren" and half a dozen more well spread out entrances is more than sufficient surely?

Fjell

My brother-in-law, a registered Republican, voted for Biden. Trump shouldn't have dissed John McCain. Lost him the election pretty much there. What a child.