Off topic I know - but here's Gary Neville's Euro 2004 diary

Mrs Trellis

(as dictated to someone who can write)

Monday June 07th We are on our way to Portugal, which is in Spain. Was hoping Sir would come to wave me off but did not see him. He is still top of my postcard list though.
Phillip and me had seats near the back with Butty and Ginger and sang United songs for most of the flight.
Checked into our hotel and found I am sharing with Phillip so “baggsyed” the top bunk. :LOL:

Tuesday June 08th Did not sleep too well as Rooney is in the next room and was kicking a ball against the wall until very late. Phillip says he smells too. So read Sir's book for a bit and listened to Simply Red on my Walkman.
I was first down for breakfast as I am not shaving for the whole time we are here.
Gave Pongo a stare over my Ready Brek. :shock:

Wednesday June 09th Training today. Mr Ericsson glanced at me twice. Think I am one of his favourites. Collected all the bibs for him afterwards and stayed for extra throw-in practice. Just made it in time for lunch. Phew!
Tried to sit next to Mr Ericsson but David had got there first and they were both laughing. He has really changed since joining Spain. May take back my Ladybird book of Dinosaurs I leant him. :cry:

Top lip feels like fine sandpaper 8)

Thursday June 10th Sat round the pool for a bit (forgot armbands) and watched some of the boys playing water volleyball. Pongo did a wee in the deep end. May tell Mr Ericsson.
Sent some postcards. One to Mum, four to Sir.

Friday June 11th Feeling homesick this morning and cried a bit before going to breakfast. Mr Ericsson made us all eat Rollmops but I left mine as they looked yuk. :(
Luckily Mum had put a Kellogs Variety pack in my case so was able to have some Honey Pops back in the room. 8)
Had pillow fight with Phillip and some feathers got stuck on my top lip. High Five!!
Wanted to hand bibs out at training but Creepy Coley got there before me. Banged my fists on the ground twice. I know what room he is in.
Watched the two Spanish sides in action today, Portugal played first and lost to the Kebab sellers, ha, then Spain played Russia (which is in China so I don't understand how they qualified) and at half time I drew a picture of Old Trafford to put in our room. David clapped when Spain scored. Think he may be spying for them. Wrote note to put under Mr Ericsson's door.

Saturday June 12th Match day. We are playing the frog eaters. Rollmops for breakfast again. Uuurgh! Still got 2 coco pops, and a honey nut loops left though. May ring Mum and get her to send some more out.
Mr Ericsson picked me for today's game and I was number two on the list behind Nancy boy James. Don't even know how he gets in the squad playing for Man ****ty.
PM: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Had to stand next to Pongo in the line-up so did not sing anthem as was holding my breath. Saw David kissing Zidane in the tunnel. He will do anything to get in the papers. May tell Sticky.
I did a handball in the first half and got away with it. Ha.
Baldy Bartez saved David's penalty so was glad he got a nosebleed later on :D
Gave Scouse boy Stephanie a glare for passing to Henry at the end. Asked David why he didn't go and kiss Zidane when he scored. He flicked me on the ear so will report him later to Mr Ericsson. Man Utd could've won this game 7-0.

Checked top lip in bathroom mirror. Grade 2 sandpaper 8)
Stayed in room all evening and wept myself to sleep.

Sunday June 12th Got talking to a waiter in the hotel bar. He is called Miguel and has a fine Moustache. He says he will lend me his trimming scissors.

Monday June 13th Spent morning looking for Miguel then went into the town with Phillip to buy more postcards and some sweets.
Cannot stop looking at facial reflection in shop windows etc. I am beginning to feel like a real man at last :) :)

Wednesday June 15th Heard Mr Ericsson telling David that Roll Mops put hairs on your chest. Saw interview of me on TV and wondered if Sir was watching back home.
Hope the sun does not bleach my manly tach.
Saw Miguel and two of his friends. They were laughing at me behind my back. I threw a fruit bowl at them and ran into the lift. Banged my fist on the wall for ages.
Stuck in lift for a very long time.
Sobbed then slept quite well.

Thursday June 16th :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D We won we won we won we won. Wanted to run and hug Pongo when he scored but had second thoughts. I played dead well and set up Stephanie's goal too. Will definitely be interviewed after this, so will mention Sir a few times.
Butty and me waved Toblerone bars from the coach window at the Swiss fans after the game 8)
Went to bed late. Slept on back with Rollmop on top lip. Smell was bad but will be worth it I suspect.

bubba

Administrator
I'm pleased that I had to google for Gary Neville to find out who he was.

I don't give a damn about football, but I wish there was more of it though - the roads were deserted last night which made for great fun razzing about :D

SamT

I do know who he is and his facial hair is shit.

Roads have been fantastic it has to be said.
However I've done my usually thing of not being bothered until it was on the telly lastnight as I was sorting my paper work out in the living room - ended up getting into it (it was a good game) and will probably end up in the pub if we get beyond the quarter finals.

I'm pleased that I had to google for Gary Neville to find out who he was.

:LOL: good effort

I silenced the office the other day by protesting that Big brother was no more boring (or less interesting) that watching 22 blokes kick a pigs bladder round a field. It was a "I'll get me coat then" moment.

Actually bub - what are you doing on thursday night - fancy a bit of a razz in the peak - I'll take mine TDi out and you can have a test drive if you like. :)

bubba

Administrator
SamT said:
I silenced the office the other day by protesting that Big brother was no more boring (or less interesting) that watching 22 blokes kick a pigs bladder round a field.
I would have to agree there. I mean, I used to like playing footy at school, but really just don't get the amount of crap spouted about it, especially the "*we* won last night", etc - Oh did *you* really? Or are you just so sad you have to give over your identity to an overpaid bunch of people, half of whom aren't from the city you purport to support, let alone even the same country.....ok, I'll shut up now!

At least people don't talk about it where I work. But then they don't talk about anything - it's like working in a fucking roomful of robots.

SamT said:
Actually bub - what are you doing on thursday night - fancy a bit of a razz in the peak
I suspect I will be spending the evening with a paint roller in my hand. I'd rather not, but the length of time it's taking to sort the house is getting depressing and we need to get it sorted asap. Sel's going mad coz she hasn't got a couch to watch BB from :roll:

C

cave shrimp

:worthy: Mrs Trellis superb . Me two lads were suitably impressed and immediatley vowed to track you down and do weird things with certain parts of your body :shock: .Well i keep tellin them there sad and should support a real team like there dad (Stoke City F.C.). All jesting apart article made for a damm good laff. :LOL:

paul

bubba said:
At least people don't talk about it where I work. But then they don't talk about anything - it's like working in a fucking roomful of robots.

They talk about it here! Arse.

Glad to see I'm not the only one that couldn't give a flying feck about football.

SamT

Im seeing a definate split here

two camps -

the flying feck camp and the wild horse's couldnt drag me away camp.

Funny - a few other cavers I know cant tollerate football.
Time for a poll me's thinks

Mrs Trellis

Sorry to disappoint Cave Shrimp (...erm ....shouldn't that be Nyphargus Glenniei?)
:)

but I'm a Rugby Union fan , obviously lying low at the moment. :shock:

That's Rugby Union as in "he's a good footballer" rather than

Poofball/Kissball/Oikball as in "he's helping the police with their enquiries."

:LOL:

C

cave shrimp

Mrs Trellis.

Nyphargus Glenniei. Is he an Italian footballer or one o those weird blokes that like pickin up a strange shaped ball? :wink:

And as for helpin the police out with their enq's not me i was in borstal at the time :oops: It's not my fault me edumacation wuz approved. :LOL:

Mrs Trellis

cavemancolumbus said:
By any chance are you the same Mrs Trellis of 'Sorry I Haven't a Clue' fame?

Of course, one of my letters will be on air tonight

Funniest show on any medium.

ps I have connection with Aber.

I knew Llygad Llwchwr would go!