Photo Gallery Changes

bubba

Administrator
I've changed a few things in the gallery:

- Pics no longer need to be approved before appearing in the gallery. I've tried this on ukbouldering.com and nobody has abused the process by uploading silly things. I know I don't really have to say this, but for the record the uploading of anything illegal/etc will result in an instant ban.

- You can have much more space for pics now.

- You can set up a personal gallery, rather than everything going into the "user uploads" album which I rarely have time to sort out.

- You can upload up to 10 pics at a time.

Hope that helps.

bubba

Administrator
PS, I've just noticed that clicking on a photo (in the gallery) to view it full size doesn't work in Firefox - I'll get it sorted...

AndyF

Hi

I must be being clueless, how do I upload a picture - I can't seem to find a link to do it..!

Andyf

bubba

Administrator
There should be a button marked "upload file" at the top of the page.

Need to make the gallery more accessible again.

AndyF

I get Album List, Last uploads, Last Comments, Most Viewed, Top Rated, My Favorites, Search...

I don't seem to get an Upload Image option.. :cry:

bubba

Administrator
Hmmmm....there is a problem, thanks for pointing it out.

The login integration between the forum and gallery isn't working properly. I'll try to get it sorted today but I'm off for a couple of days so may not have time until I get back.

cap n chris

Call me stupid but for a long while I've assumed there is no longer a gallery since I can't find any mention of it anywhere; I'm glad to hear there is one but how do I find it?

bubba

Administrator
http://ukcaving.com/gallery

I hang my head in shame, I've been lazy on this front and should have put a nice clear button at the top of the forum like their used to be. I got wiped when the forum was hacked and I've never replaced it.

I will get this done.

bubba

Administrator
I'm afraid not.

I'm currently re-writing ukbouldering.com - part of this rewrite will be changing the gallery system to use a completely different one.

When this is done, similar changes will be applied here.

This means it's probably not worth trying to get the existing gallery working, but just to concentrate on the new site.

The new site will allow much more than this one, eg users can submit articles/reviews/etc.

I know this seems lazy, but i only have so much spare time :oops:

D

Dave H

bubba said:
I know this seems lazy, but i only have so much spare time
And, I for one, am glad that you devote it to such a worthwild cause. 8)
It makes me so glad that to find out that bouldering is the Guinea-Pig and that we get a solution based on your learning on them :D

bubba

Administrator
To be honest, most changes hit ukbouldering first, then here, and then my gaming site. It's really down to popularity, and ukb gets a lot more traffic than here...and I've been promising them a rewrite for years now.

Once ukb is sorted, I'll implement the changes over here and at ukgamerz.net - it'll result in a much more useful site for everyone, and we won't lose any of the existing forum posts.