Extra Lights

Stupot

What's the best way to mount extra lights on your helmet, mine has vents
but they are in an awkward position to put ties through.
I have 1x Mini Mag cable tied to my Petzl strap but could really do with another one higher up out the way.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Stu.

T

Titch98

You can puchase seperate lamp brackets and mount them on your helmet.

Caving supplies supply CS Brackets (£1.30) or Petzl Brackets (£2.40), along with bolt kits (£0.83) or rivet kits (£0.83). They also offer a fitting service at £1.95.

With additional brackets, you could then cable-tie non-mount lights to them.

Just remember though, don't go too mad with brackets as you could weaken the external shell strength of the helmet.

Stupot

Thanks for the info Titch, i was only just looking at Caving supplies, putting holes in the helmet was a concern of mine as i am sure it does effect the strength of the helmet :( .

I should be ok as i only really need to add one more.

Stu.

SamT

Would be interesting to see the results of some research into drilling holes into your helmet. Mines got loads - 4 at the front for cap lamp - 2 more higher up for carbide bracket, two at the back for cable clip, two more at back for occassional mounting of petzl 4.5v battery pack oh and one on the side for another cable clip. Nearly all of them are for things sold by petzl and its in the instructions to drill the holes. :?

T

tubby two

How about a back up with an elastic strap. Theyre for emergencies only anyway... Unless like me you cave with a speleoshite!

tt.