Derbyshire Caver No. 151

DCA

Just a quick post to inform the Peak District section here that I've now taken over the editorship of the DCA's Derbyshire Caver magazine from Mike Higgins, who has done a sterling job over the last few years. Content for the next edition is being collected now, so this is an admittedly last-minute request for any other Peak District caving news that might be of interest to our readers, particularly now that the online version has greater reach than the printed edition ever could. It doesn't have to be discoveries (though they're always useful!), but conservation, repairs, access info or environmental issues are all valuable. If anyone has anything to send me, please do so ASAP, to the email address below. Word documents are ideal, but please send any photos or illustrations separately rather than embedding them in the document.

submissions@thedca.org.uk

Many thanks in advance

Phil Wolstenholme
Editor, Derbyshire Caver

DCA

Issue 151 of The Derbyshire Caver is now available to download from the DCA website, and printed copies have been sent out to those who subscribe. This issue is very much conservation-themed, with several interesting repair/access jobs described, including Ecton Mine, Longcliffe Mine and Speedwell Cavern. Additionally there's further info on the DCA's efforts to combat lock-hacking on gated mines with legitimate access arrangements in place, an obituary for Dave Jackson of the TSG, some new cave art by Dominika Wr?blewska, and DCRO and CDG updates.

Due to the large number of images it's a little larger than usual, but it's still a fairly small download. Hope you enjoy it and please send any new items to: submissions@thedca.org.uk

https://www.thedca.org.uk/publications/newsletters/

Madness

I've not read it in it's entirity yet, but I found the articles on Ecton and Longcliffe mines interesting. Well done to all those involved. :clap: