HL55 Mounting

Canary

Hi All,

I've got the fenix HL55 and it is a great light but I am looking for a better way to mount it. I tried the included strap with zip ties/helmet brackets but it isn't perfect.

How have people been mounting the HL55 to their helmet?

Has anyone tried making a rubber band from a car inner tube to replace the elastic  strap?

Additionally has anyone been able to make a bracket that can be helmet mounted, as the light itself looks to be removable from its mount?

Cheers!

Long Drop

I've had no problem with the elasticated strap supplied with the HL55, it has worked fine for me adjusted to fit the helmet.  I've added four of those plastic clips you can get from any caving shop, which prevent the strap sliding up the helmet.  I've also removed the strap that goes over the top of the helmet, that seemed unnecessary to me.  Although it has needed tightening up once of twice this approach has worked fine for the last few years.

Antwan

I've seen one or two folk just screw the bracket straight to their lids. I use the elastic because my back up livht is a duo....  :blink:

Canary

Thanks for the information.

Its more that  the normal strap catches and lifts quite easily. How tight can you get the rubber headlamp strap?

I am just trying to avoid drilling the helmet.

Cheers

Can