Caves of Skye

Hels

Hello, i was wondering if anyone knew where i could get a copy of Caves of Skye, published by the Grampian Speleological Group.  I have looked on websites and haven't found it so anyone with a spare copy that wouldn't mind selling it would be great.  Please either PM me or reply to this group.

Thanks very much

Hels

A

Agrophobic

pm me if you want the e-mail adress for the grampian guy. ditto if you're coming to skye and want recomendations. most of the good stuff is right on my doorstep.

A

Agrophobic

Yeah, its a limestone step with granite surround.  (y)

rhychydwr1

moorebooks said:
Just for the record i have 6 copies and they will be at ?7.50 a copy

Mike

and if you nay caany eford to gh to Skye - tooll briije, dinoo.  I canee ouffer:

CAVES OF APPLECROSS AND KISHORN by Richard Simpson, and David Morrison with contributions by Alan L Jeffreys and Mark Tringham.  2007 50 pp, 9 B&W, 10 colour photos, 3 location maps, 20 surveys.  Occasional Publication  No 8 Grampian Speleological Group.  An essential guide book for anyone visiting the area.  SB ?7.50 post free

nickwilliams

rhychydwr1 said:
and if you nay caany eford to gh to Skye - tooll briije, dinoo.  I canee ouffer:

I thought the Scottish Parliament had canned the toll on the bridge (and quite right too). Am I wrong?

Nick.

rhychydwr1

[/quote]

I thought the Scottish Parliament had canned the toll on the bridge (and quite right too). Am I wrong?

Nick.
[/quote]

RIGHT!  Abolished December 2004.  Did not realise it was so long ago that I was last on Skye    :cry:

Pitlamp

I've got a copy here of Alan Jeffreys' excellent SCOTLAND UNDERGROUND. It's a 53 page A4 publication which includes 12 pages on the Skye caves - but also covers the other Scottish caving areas as well. It's also got useful general sections on caving in Scotland including notes about access, together with loads of maps & surveys.

This is available to anyone in exchange for a donation to the CDG's Northern Section compressor fund. As with most items like this I can probably get it to anywhere in the country via "caver post" provided you don't want it immediately. Please PM me if interested.

moorebooks

Stupot said:
So that's a mind blowing discout of ?0.00

That's a bargain............

You will find they are quoted at ?9.95 elsewhere that was also price charged by myself until it was amended on saturday morning  I make that ?1.45

Mike

A

Agrophobic

Nick.
[/quote]

RIGHT!  Abolished December 2004.  Did not realise it was so long ago that I was last on Skye    :cry:

Aye, its time you made another pilgrimage Tony. It was a good day they abolished the toll, i work on the mainland so cross it every day.
I can recomend applecross and kishorn too. David and Ritchie did a good job there.