complete set of Caves and Caving (except no 52)

moorebooks

Is anyone interested in buying  this  set? They are available in Derbyshire and the money will all go to the Derbyshire  CRO

If you are interested PM me with sensible offers and I will pass them onto the seller - lets have a closing date of 8th April

Mike

For new and used caving and Mining Books Journals etc
www.moorebooks.co.uk

moorebooks

Well the caving world's leading bookseller hasn't been in touch yet but I would expect a massive bid of ?5.00 to start the ball rolling :coffee:

moorebooks

moorebooks said:
One bid so far of ?40 lets do it in the open forum -

Mike

The bid turned  out to be a hoax as all is going to cave rescue funds is sad :mad:

I have received  no other bids please let me know if you are interested otherwise I will suggest they give them to a charity shop who may raise a few quid rather than Cave Rescue  :cry:

Mike

stevejw

Yes it is disappointing someone sees it necessary to post a hoax for a genuine CR team donation.

You could try putting on eBay. I see Derbyshire CRO doesn't have an eBay for Charity account. Still you could email Paul Lydon http://derbyshirecro.org.uk/contacts.html and ask them to set it up (free to do this) and then specify the amount of the sale you wish to go to them (100%). Alternatively list on eBay donate proceeds and then fill in a gift aid form as well.

moorebooks

Thanks for the suggestion the particular seller didn't want to deal with ebay - I will forward him the details. I had assummed and clearly wrongly thought  that someone on this forum would make a sensible offer and snap them up rather than the hassle of going through ebay

I did say by today 8th April and guess that no one wants??

Mike

paul

hydrophobia said:
Yes it is disappointing someone sees it necessary to post a hoax for a genuine CR team donation.

You could try putting on eBay. I see Derbyshire CRO doesn't have an eBay for Charity account. Still you could email Paul Lydon http://derbyshirecro.org.uk/contacts.html and ask them to set it up (free to do this) and then specify the amount of the sale you wish to go to them (100%). Alternatively list on eBay donate proceeds and then fill in a gift aid form as well.

There is, of course, a "Donate throught JustGiving" link on the DCRO website. This saves you having to fill in a Gift Aid form and DCRO still benefit from Gift Aid.

:)

paul

hydrophobia said:
True however JG get a percentage of the gift aid.

They also charge a monthly fee. We are looking at alternative organisations who don't (Virgin). It's simpler than setting up an eBay account and associated PayPal account with being a Charity. Donations through JustGiving are paid directly into the bank.

barrabus

moorebooks said:
moorebooks said:
One bid so far of ?40 lets do it in the open forum -

Mike

The bid turned  out to be a hoax as all is going to cave rescue funds is sad :mad:

I have received  no other bids please let me know if you are interested otherwise I will suggest they give them to a charity shop who may raise a few quid rather than Cave Rescue  :cry:

Mike

OK. I'll give you ?40 for them if they are still available.

moorebooks

Cheers - they are yours I will PM you with contact details for the seller  who will pass the money onto the DCRO :clap:

Mike

barrabus

Details were swapped. A cheque was sent, and an early morning meeting in a lay-by resulted in a pile of magazines changing hands. DCRO are soon to be ?40 richer and I have another pile of old magazines to read.

Thanks for setting this up Mike.