Found - Half a rope

Alex

On a very wet late night through trip, through Swinsto last night I happened upon half a rope still threaded through the anchors on the second staircase pit. It looks like who's ever the rope it was forgot to take the knot out of the end of the rope before pulling it down and then cut it so not to loose all the rope.

Its 13 meters long now. Tell me the original length (marked) and thickness to claim it.

P.s. The Simpsons rope lost in another thread is still there we gave it a good tug but it was not for coming down.

kay

Alex said:
On a very wet late night through trip, through Swinsto last night I happened upon half a rope .....

Its 13 meters long now. Tell me the original length

I'm sure I'm missing something, but why is not 26m?

Alex

Was drunk when posted my last, what I should have said, was that what I have is not exactly half a rope, so its not 26m.

Left handed half?

kay

How do you tell the difference between a short rope, three quarters of a medium long rope, and half a long rope?

Unless, of course you have a label saying it used to be x meters. And in this case, if x is not equal to 26 m, then what you have is not half a rope. For example, of the rope was originally 30m, then what you have is 0.43 of a rope.  :tease:

bograt

kay said:
How do you tell the difference between a short rope, three quarters of a medium long rope, and half a long rope?

Unless, of course you have a label saying it used to be x meters. And in this case, if x is not equal to 26 m, then what you have is not half a rope. For example, of the rope was originally 30m, then what you have is 0.43 of a rope.  :tease:

Wth you all the way Kay. ;) ;) ;)

Alex

I do have the label, if I gave you the exact fraction then you would know how long it is. In hind sight remembering this is UKnitpickers I would have said found part of a rope.

Rachel

Alex said:
I do have the label, if I gave you the exact fraction then you would know how long it is. In hind sight remembering this is UKnitpickers I would have said found part of a rope.

Which part did you find? Was it the core or the sheath?

:tease:

Roger W

:LOL:  :LOL:  :LOL:

But Alex did say:
Alex said:
It looks like who's ever the rope it was forgot to take the knot out of the end of the rope before pulling it down and then cut it so not to loose all the rope.

:spank:

kay

Roger W said:
:LOL:  :LOL:  :LOL:

But Alex did say:
Alex said:
It looks like who's ever the rope it was forgot to take the knot out of the end of the rope before pulling it down and then cut it so not to loose all the rope.

:spank:

[pedant] But I thought the whole problem was that the owner couldn't loose the rope because he'd left the knot in it [/pedant]

Blakethwaite

Blimey, years have passed since that Truss woman last released a  book on grammar. Even she's banked the royalties and moved onto pastures new.

Surely a new bandwagon must have come along since then or is UK Caving going to degenerate into the most avoidable underground themed website again?

scurve

kay said:
[pedant] But I thought the whole problem was that the owner couldn't loose the rope because he'd left the knot in it [/pedant]

No serious pedant should ever begin a sentence with 'But'.