Interview with Vern Unsworth on the Musk libel case

David Rose

Heads up: I have done a big interview (two pages) with Vernon Unsworth in tomorrow's Mail on Sunday.

It contains some shocking stuff that British cavers may not know. I hope you enjoy it. 

David Rose

For those who would prefer not to part with cash for the Mail on Sunday, it will be available without charge online. You frightful cheapskates.

David Rose

And here it is https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7792903/Hero-saved-12-Thai-boys-reveals-Elon-Musks-private-eye-rifled-bins.html

Oceanrower

David Rose said:
For those who would prefer not to part with cash for the Mail on Sunday, it will be available without charge online. You frightful cheapskates.

It's not the cash I object to. I just don't want the paperboy to think I'm some kind of right wing, bigoted, homophobic nazi...

JoshW

Equally no interest in buying that expensive rough toilet rag. Can you post the article on here?

PeteHall

JoshW said:
Equally no interest in buying that expensive rough toilet rag. Can you post the article on here?
David's link above takes you straight to the article, no need to buy the paper.  (y)

JoshW

PeteHall said:
JoshW said:
David's link above takes you straight to the article, no need to buy the paper.  (y)

Which is cool, but still take issue in visiting their website as sure they?ll be getting funds from advertising. And whilst I?m aware that?s a drop in the ocean compared to what others are doing, morally I don?t wanna be near them..

JasonC

David Rose said:
And here it is https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7792903/Hero-saved-12-Thai-boys-reveals-Elon-Musks-private-eye-rifled-bins.html

Thanks for posting this David - and for doing the interview.  Absolutely disgusting how super-rich can just throw money to trash the reputation of an ordinary guy - well, he's obviously far from ordinary, but you know what I mean.  It's bewildering how the jury came to their conclusion after what came out in the trial.

grahams

What an appalling story. I can only hope that VW, Rivian and the Koreans put Musk's crappy Tesla company out of business.

Alex

Shocking how far Musk would go to try and prove something that was just false. Billionaires think they rule the world and I guess, they do if the court case (and the election) is going to go by. I wan't to buy an electric car, to reduce my costs but I will have to make-sure it's not a Tesla.

Joel Corrigan

Nice one, Dave.  One of the disadvantages of reading the online version is that you can see the comments down below & remind yourself just how utterly dim some members of the public truly are!  Personally I believe that we should have a "caver of the year" award & Vern should be the first recipient at Hidden Earth.  And I'm being serious about this as anybody who is willing to put his head above the parapet & stand up against that Bullying-Billionaire-Bellend gets my vote ;-) 

Vern, I don't think we've ever met (I avoid social events like the plague) but I've always backed the underdog & to that end the Dachstein Expedition would like to invite you to become our official mascot!  Duties will be minimal & assuming we can make enough money from exped fees next summer we'll cover the cost of your bar tab whilst in Austria!  And the only journalist who will be allowed on the mountain is an ally!     

David Rose

Great idea Joel! Vern remains extremely keen as a caver. He's leading a trip to a remote area of the Thai mountains in April that sounds very promising.

Fishes

David Rose said:

It has nothing do with cash for me but rather the Mail's editorial policy. I won't be parting with my cash or supporting their advertising revenue while they continue to publish vile editorials by the likes of Richard Littlejohn.