dams

hrock

hi i would like to know of somthing light, water tite, non toxic, wich sets undre water in about 5 min. oh and has good adhition to rock

the utimat dam stuf

well i am an optimist ask for what you want or you will never get it. :D

Cave_Troll

options
+ cement (too heavy)
+ resin (not quick enough or practical to build a dam of)
+ foam ( would probably wash away before it expanded and not strong enough.

composite of plastic sheeting stuck to the wall with resin?
rocks stuck down with builders foam?

you sound like the SUSS member who wanted a new light
must
+ be for expedition caving - carbide (no don't like carbide)
+ be very long lasting - Fx5 (no too heavy)
+ be bright - halogen main beam (dosn't last long enoughy)
this was in the days before LEDs and really seemed to annoy Steve@bernies.

Mark

eyup henry

Dont know how big your passage is, but we built a dam in dowse hole by fixing an inner tube to a passage shaped piece of board and blowing it up,
at the very least it stops the water long enough to allow you to build something else

hrock

i herd about the inertube one might try a variation on it. but i need a bit or somthing to make the walls a beter shape to take the iner tube. any one want to carry cement down titan for me in the near fucher oh and then a little fether from the botom. (dont worry not the moostrap)

dunc

oh and then a little fether from the botom.
Hmmm, the old "just a little further" trick!! Does that equal a bloody long way dragging some obscene amount of gear in real terms!? :LOL: :wink:

hrock

well it is not that far but it has got a bit of cralling and some flat out and about 10m of that is in 8-12 " of water. but you would only be carrying a large pump some tools and cement (oh and the air at the end some times runs out)

Rob

hrock said:
well it is not that far but it has got a bit of cralling and some flat out and about 10m of that is in 8-12 " of water. but you would only be carrying a large pump some tools and cement (oh and the air at the end some times runs out)

And it quite easily sumps half way along for weeks at a time...