Lugging Cement

SamT

Any ideas on the best way to carry cement into a cave.

It being bagshawe - its not an easy carry, lots of stooping and boulder hopping followed by awkward crawling over annoying catchy 'flakes' in a foot of water.

Not easy to drag.

Obviously needs to stay dry till we get where we're going.

Im thinking maybe small darren drums in a tackle bag. Or maybe inner tube 'pigs' (section of inner tube tied at both end).

Any other ideas.

D

Dave H

SamT said:
Any ideas on the best way to carry cement into a cave.
Get someone else to do it for you. ;) Sorry, I'm busy this weekend :ras:

I would try an inner-tube 'pig' myself ...

... and then something to carry the cement in  :spank: (before someone else said it!)

paul

Other than what you have already suggested (Daren Drums, inner-tube 'pig') - sorry but no.

SamT

AndyF said:
Is it to build a dam or hold some rocks up..?

Andyf

Hold rocks up - well sort off. We are trying to stabalize a steep slope of wet clay, chatter embedded with big rocks. It has kept running in and denying us access to the drafting choke above  o_O

Its nearly sorted now, nice retaining wall ginged up, most of the big menacing rocks made less menacing and made to stand neatly and behave themselves as part of afore mentioned wall. We have a ton bag strung across the rift at the moment full of slop that we had to shift up the slope in order to build the wall (worked very well) :clap:.

Plan is to mix cement in so its no longer slop and is a nice flat 'floor for us to stand on. Other slop will also be mixed into sand bags with cement so they can be built up around the ton bag too.

Then at last, during our 3rd summer at it - we can start work on the choke  :D. (do you still have them scaff clips going spare!! seriously)

AndyF

SamT said:
Then at last, during our 3rd summer at it - we can start work on the choke  :D. (do you still have them scaff clips going spare!! seriously)

Yes, got lots of scaff clips - 100's of them. How many do you want?

Andyf

nickwilliams

AndyF said:

If you've got a surplus, we could use some up at Titan. We had a shortage about a month ago which got to crisis proportions at one point but we managed to scrape round and find some more. However, I don't think we have enough to do what we're expecting to have to do in the next few weeks. Can we come to some arrangement?

Nick.

B

Bog

ANYBODY KNOW A LIGHTER ALTERNATIVE TO CEMENT
AS IT LOOKS AS IF I WILL BE CARRYING IT
AND I DONT HAVE ANY STUDENTS OR FORIEGNERS TO CARRY IT
SOUNDS LIKE A JOB FOR ASPIRANTS
WHICH THE ELDON IS SADLY LACKING IN

AndyF

nickwilliams said:
AndyF said:

If you've got a surplus, we could use some up at Titan. We had a shortage about a month ago which got to crisis proportions at one point but we managed to scrape round and find some more. However, I don't think we have enough to do what we're expecting to have to do in the next few weeks. Can we come to some arrangement?

Nick.

You can have some too, gratis..... We bought 375 off e-bay, and then the dig went and they are sitting around. How many do you want... PM me and we can arrange it.

Brendan

Bog said:
AS IT LOOKS AS IF I WILL BE CARRYING IT
AND I DONT HAVE ANY STUDENTS OR FORIEGNERS TO CARRY IT
SOUNDS LIKE A JOB FOR ASPIRANTS
WHICH THE ELDON IS SADLY LACKING IN

Smaller containers of cement?

bubba

Administrator
Bog said: