Wisdom lights. Have you tried them?

Hi there everone.

I am looking for feedback on a trio of light models from WISDOM lights.
They are a Chinese company and have produced the lights in question for some time.
The models in question are
1) Lamp 4 Cordless
2) KL4MS corded cap lamp
3) KL12M Corded cap lamp

Anyone who has bought one or simply tried one, please leave a comment about your thoughts on them below as we are due to do a review on them for the company and your opinion matters to us.

Thanks again.
Neil.
CavefestUK

AR

I've got a couple of Wisdom lamps, one corded and one cordless but possibly not the models you're interested in - friends of mine used to import them so I've seen plenty of them in action. They're decent enough lamps and the only issue I ever had was the cordless one developed some sort of fogging on the inside of the glass but that aside, I was always happy with performance. Reason for them no longer being my main lamp - winning a Scurion on here a few years ago!

NewStuff

I have a Wisdom 3A (much like the Lamp 4, but with a slightly lower max output).
It is my main lamp. It's solidly built, good light and pattern for general use, and good runtimes. I don't know if they still import them, but mine was sourced from https://www.caplamps.co.uk/. Plenty happy with it, especially the build quality.

Mr Mike

I've had a few samples of them over the years and found them to be the best of all the other Chinese lamps that are on offer. Probably a bit like a Fenix of the mining light world.

Thank you Mr Mike, Newstuff and AR.
My initial thoughts on the lights were that they looked sturdy enough. Not having chance to test them underground, your input is very helpful.

sinker

CavefestUK said:
Thank you Mr Mike, Newstuff and AR.
My initial thoughts on the lights were that they looked sturdy enough. Not having chance to test them underground, your input is very helpful.

Avoid the cordless.  (y)

PeteHall

CavefestUK said:
Not having chance to test them underground, your input is very helpful.

I'm expecting to get underground a few times next week. Happy to trial one for you if you want it putting through its paces.

Drop me a message if you want Neil.

AR

sinker said:
Avoid the cordless.  (y)

They're fine for grovelling round small stuff when you're flat out or on hands and knees a lot, but a bit lacking in lumens for bigger chambers...

NewStuff

AR said:
sinker said:
Avoid the cordless.  (y)
They're fine for grovelling round small stuff when you're flat out or on hands and knees a lot, but a bit lacking in lumens for bigger chambers...
That's what Fenix etc make nice big throwy stuff for. Makes life much easier on your neck/wallet/soldering iron if you separate the 2 needs.

PeteHall said:
CavefestUK said:
Not having chance to test them underground, your input is very helpful.

I'm expecting to get underground a few times next week. Happy to trial one for you if you want it putting through its paces.

Drop me a message if you want Neil.

Oops. This is the quote I meant.
PM sent.

NickRT91

I received an email from Wisdom today enquiring if I would be interested in becoming the new UK importer. I'm thinking about it, but I probably need to do more research into them and if there's a demand for their lights.

royfellows

NickRT91 said:
I received an email from Wisdom today enquiring if I would be interested in becoming the new UK importer. I'm thinking about it, but I probably need to do more research into them and if there's a demand for their lights.

To my best knowledge Simon Lowe was in this position, but even a while back I was having emails from them which says a lot about their distributor loyalty.They are probably the best of the Chinese lamps, but my advice is to beware, obviously it would require a capital commitment and my business instinct says no, no.

AR

Yes, don't expect and sort of exclusivity if you do start dealing with them - My friends, who were the original UK importers, were shall we say "surprised" when Simon started offering Wisdom lamps for sale...

NewStuff

I've had the same email (and have no interest in a commercial venture). As said, you certainly won't be exclusive.

sinker

royfellows said:
NickRT91 said:

To my best knowledge Simon Lowe was in this position, but even a while back I was having emails from them which says a lot about their distributor loyalty.They are probably the best of the Chinese lamps, but my advice is to beware, obviously it would require a capital commitment and my business instinct says no, no.

I'd agree with Roy; no, no, no. Other people have tried and its driven them round the bend.

Fjell

Is there a market for wannabe miners? You would think an Oldham would be the thing for manly street cred.

I mean, just look at this guy. Living the dream.

Attachments

• 69FA9739-2285-4C12-A49F-5CB9CB53EA33.png
    69FA9739-2285-4C12-A49F-5CB9CB53EA33.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 157

NickRT91

Advice heeded the offer has been declined. I've started looking at as mentioned Oldham and also KSE for a new cap lamp. But I'll start a new thread if one doesn't exist on the forum instead of me hijacking this thread. Cheers for the heads up on there exclusivity not being so exclusive.