Most Useful Photo Thing Has Packed Up

ZombieCake

Arrgh, my most useful photographic thing has packed up.  It's decided not to play any more in a potentially pricey kind of way.  Any guesses?
As usual the prize is free beer at your own expense.

ZombieCake

I guess having to invest in own beer has put people off  :-\
The answer is my car.  You need to get to locations, camera gear is a second at best.

ZombieCake

Just get a bicycle.
I don't disagree, and indeed it would be very beneficial.  But it all went horribly wrong  :(  Tried to buy a bike last year but after many months of hassle and non existent products eventually got a credit card refund.  Maybe Jeremy Clarkson for World Transport Minister has a point.

NewStuff

Alex said:
Just get a BIKE... With engine.

Fixed that for you.

A 125 on a CBT (CBT's cost around ?100, location dependant) can get to most places, do 60-70 if it needs to, are far more agile on grotty country roads than a big bike, and best of all, they're cheap to run. I have a full bike license and can ride anything I can insure, but choose to run a 125 to work and back because it does something silly, like 90+MPG silly, on my work run. The "big" bike is more like 20mpg on the work run, being more thirsty than pissed up cavers at HE.

ZombieCake

A 125 on a CBT
Should one get such a contraption and do the test, could I ask would it annoy everyone, especially on byways?  If so I'm rather tempted  ;)
Anyway, in case the big brother moderators are observing and thinking it could be veering off topic, one could sellotape a camera to it and take piccies, especially in large caves, with the remote release on the handlebars.

NewStuff

ZombieCake said:
Should one get such a contraption and do the test, could I ask would it annoy everyone, especially on byways?  If so I'm rather tempted  ;)

Stick some knobblies on it, take it into Peak, couple of wheelies, maybe a burnout, upload it to youtube, watch the collective frothing at the mouth....

*just in case people with a limited mental capacity think I'm being serious - I'm not.

ZombieCake

I've had another idea, thanks to our hacksaw access officer. And that is Vespa. The slightly older ones have 10 or 11 inch wheels (new ones have 12" wheels so not so good). Therefore, you could combine people like me without beards and oily jeans with straightforward two wheeled automatic twist and go access to get places.  You'd look superbly cool and inoffensive going about your business... 
The business is that you could rig up 12 inch angle grinder discs on the drive wheel to ease those 'stubborn' locks / concretey stuff that gets in the way.  Win - win. Just need a few spanners.
(For any snowflakes watching spanners are a concept that involves actual work and not staring at rubbish social media all day.  Google 'work',  and then see your therapist.)
Even better one could infiltrate Mod rallies and implant Saxon or Sisters of Mercy.... what Joy (division).