Caving friends wanted!

Eejays

Hey i've been caving for just over a year now but still dont really no that much due to going to same caves alot and not done much rope work.

Would love to join a group or something to get more experience.

Im 19 years old n female so female caving partner would be good.

Derbyshire area, its a good half hour just to matlock, hour upto stoney middleton/castleton area

Goose

Plenty of clubs around derbyshire area...
I can recommend Chesterfield Caving Club, a very friendly local club with some girly members too  (y) cave all areas of the country (mainly Derbyshire) one of the fastest growing clubs at the mo (more members in the last 6 months than in 20yrs!) There's usually trips arranged every week, weekdays too for those who struggle getting out weekends.....
PM me if you want any more details.

Goose.

martinm

Where are you based Eejays? It sounds like u r in the South end of the Peak. Same here. I do most of my caving in the Manifold / Dove area, where there are plenty of easier caves to give you experience, several with SRT rigging too. I Also cave in Lathkill Dale too which also sounds nearer to you than Stoney. Then occasionally we go Stoney, Bradwell Dale, Matlock, Castleton, etc. I'm secretary of Darfar PC based at Wetton. Besides me there's also Natalie (she's an outdoor instructor.) and Margaret in the club. Regards, Mel. x

EwanCameron

Hi Buddy

I cave from 2 to 7 days a week most of the winter if you would like to join us that would be cool I am in a number of clubs that has really helped a lot ! I would look at getting into a club CCC & OCC are both very good I am a member of both

if you would like to get out caving - ewan@evolutionoutdoors.co.uk drop us a email

Yours
Ewan

Eejays

mmilner said:
Where are you based Eejays? It sounds like u r in the South end of the Peak. Same here. I do most of my caving in the Manifold / Dove area, where there are plenty of easier caves to give you experience, several with SRT rigging too. I Also cave in Lathkill Dale too which also sounds nearer to you than Stoney. Then occasionally we go Stoney, Bradwell Dale, Matlock, Castleton, etc. I'm secretary of Darfar PC based at Wetton. Besides me there's also Natalie (she's an outdoor instructor.) and Margaret in the club. Regards, Mel. x

Im from Ilkeston, near Nottingham. Not the best location for an outdoor hobby but who cares! Im willing to travel, when I can afford it :p

zomjon

Eejays, myself and a group of friends are out every Friday evening and occasionally weekends (when allowed), often in the Matlock area, you're very welcome to join us if you want to gain a bit of experience - trips are normally a mix bag.
Jon