Newbie in cornwall

J25GTi

Hey Guys,

I live in Cornwall, (Just outside Callington) and have recently got into caving etc, but mine exploring is really what I am interested in.

Im 22, I am an electrician and spend most of my time either researching mines, exploring them or working on my cars. (A Vectra VXR and a Starlet Glanza V, if anyone is interested)

I would love to meet up with some people as my usual buddy who i go exploring with has now moved to th states for 6 months and I definitely cannot stay topside for that long!

Cheers guys

Jamie

Oh and I'm learning SRT but need some more practice asap really!

J25GTi

I havent no, my friend whom is now in america for a while is in PCG though, (Josh) and hes in DCRO. Didnt really get chance to do anything about finding other trips before he left etc!

gus horsley

I'm further west (near Newquay) and don't get underground very often nowadays but I can offer advice as to which trips are fairly straightforwards, etc in your area, if you connect with some experienced fellow cavers.  Plymouth caving group is your best bet, as already mentioned, and contact Devon and Cornwall Underground Council who will have a list of clubs in the area.

J25GTi

Well, I am really interested in some SRT training but am struggling to find someone to teach me further at the minute, does anyone know of anyone locally?

Les W

Hi,
If it's mines you'reinterested in then its worth asking the question here:
aditnow.co.uk

There are quite a lot of people in the South West on this forum (y)