Hidden Earth 'salon' competitions at EuroSpeleo 2016

The four Hidden Earth 'salon' competitions - Photo Salon, Art Salon, Video Media Salon and the relatively new Survey Salon will all be taking place at EuroSpeleo 2016. 

The Rules and Guidelines have been on the web site for some time but Im afraid that the Entry Forms were a little delayed. However they are now available - just click on the Competitions tab at http://eurospeleo.uk

The Photo Salon and Video Salon originally had an advertised deadline for entries of 23 July. This was so that we knew how much display space to allocate, and how to timetable the videos. However, we recognise that the late arrival of these forms may cause problems for you; especially for those who are travelling, and who might not be able to upload their data in time. Therefore, the deadline for entries has been moved forward to 1 August. All entries for the Photo Salon and Video Salon should be completed by 23:59 BST on 1 August. This includes your mandatory uploads. The optional uploads can be made at any time. (Information about the uploads is given on the web site and also appears on screen when you have completed the Entry Form).

The Art Salon and Survey Salon have no entry deadline, but it would be helpful if you could enter by 1 August.

The concept, with all the salons, is that that they go beyond a mere "competition" and are primarily an opportunity for entrants to exhibit their work to others. We would like to encourage cave photographers, videographers, artists and surveyors of all standards to exhibit their work in the salons.  As well as a "first prize" the competition judges will be awarding merits and distinctions, and other prizes.

Amy

I know comments are supposed to be given from the judges there, but I am particularly curious about the cartography salon as it is my first entry of my first major survey, ever. Would be awesome if the judges for that could write down some comments and send an email or something :)

This is just a reminder that the advance deadline for the Photo and Video salons is rapidly approaching (1 August).  There is no deadline for the Art and Survey salons but it is helpful if you do enter in advance.

If you want to enter any of the salons, please go to http://forms.eurospeleo.uk/

Even if you have no fresh work to show in 2016, it is always good to have people show and share their work, and we would love to see earlier work of yours in the salons - Art, Photo, Survey or Video.  Winning entries from previous years are not eligible for prizes but that doesnt mean we wouldnt like to see them in this International event. (Just say on the entry form if any of your entries have won a prize at Hidden Earth).

We decided that it was too complicated, allowing postal entries, but if you are not going to be there, you can ask a friend to take your work to the event.