reeds bat count

Peter Burgess

Ditzy: Be careful what you say! It's OK to notice that there is a bat in a cave and tell us, but if you are going round deliberately counting them without a licence, then technically I think you are breaking the law. I'm sure you did no harm, but this is just a heads up.  (y)

ditzy 24//7

peter burgess

i didnot count the bats purposely as i wasnt looking for them they wer just the bats that i noticed whilst down there

ditzy 24//7

not sure i think its burrington not positive though :-\

im on about the 1 where there is a stream going into the entrence of it.

Peter Burgess

A big chamber just beneath the surface with a steep sloping wall on one side, and boulders and holes in the floor? 10 minutes walk from Goatchurch?  It's been mentioned before, but those boulder chokes have moved in recent years.

ditzy 24//7

Peter Burgess said:
A big chamber just beneath the surface with a steep sloping wall on one side, and boulders and holes in the floor? 10 minutes walk from Goatchurch?  It's been mentioned before, but those boulder chokes have moved in recent years.
Yes thats the place im on about.

graham

They both have streams, but I am willing to bet you mean the one with the big chamber. There are two entrances, a dry climb down on the right & a wet walk in on the left. Interesting place with much Iron Age archaeology.

Pete, more than the boulders have moved; when you & I started caving the stream entrance simply didn't exist! the upper levels are reasonably stable but the lower bits are a bit scary.

ditzy 24//7

graham said:
They both have streams, but I am willing to bet you mean the one with the big chamber. There are two entrances, a dry climb down on the right & a wet walk in on the left. Interesting place with much Iron Age archaeology.

Pete, more than the boulders have moved; when you & I started caving the stream entrance simply didn't exist! the upper levels are reasonably stable but the lower bits are a bit scary.

that definatly sounds like the 1. (y) when i went into reeds we did the walk through.
:)