Caving Politics vs Normal Politics (If this upsets you, please do not read it).

Which of the following BEST describes you? (let's not descend into a debate of degrees please)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was contemplating politics and how various tribes within the caving community are cohesive, mutually irritating and stereotyped.

This is a bit of fun, let's not let it descend into something that gets banned, or upsets anyone.  :spank:

Fulk

No offence meant, DFC, but I hate questionnaires . . . so I suppose that, if I voted, it would be for the last one.

Kenilworth

I'm a tribeless foreigner, politically neutral, and don't reckon locks or gates should be a political issue but a practical one.

Pitlamp

Don't feel I can vote because every gate situation is different and should be decided on, by consensus, on its own merit.

royfellows

I recon he is out to flush out the landowning anti free access Tories, and to see how many renegade free access Tories supported BREXIT
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The Old Ruminator

Disgusted from Cornwall. said:
This is not showing what I expected it to show!!!!!! In fact, it's almost the opposite!

Things like this tend to show an imbalance of views. For instance those who dont like caves being locked tend to be more vociferous than those who do. Therefore those who hate locked caves will probably all vote whilst those who dont or who are ambivalent may not bother. That's probably why the Brexit vote went the way it did. Ask the same about who likes or dislikes Marmite and you will get the same imbalance.

I was expecting our "libertarian lock attitude lot" to be conservative brexiters.

I suppose I should have added a "where's my hacksaw" "reenact guy fawkes, but with C4" options.

I admit, progressive/conservative doesn't resolve things adequately for my point of view.

NewStuff

I know Brexiters that hate locks and Brexiters that love them. Remainers that hate locks and Remainers that love them. I know ambivalent people that hate locks, and some that love them.

While the Politics (big P) is all over the map, there doesn't really seem to be much middle ground regarding locks, at least in sample size I have. The ones with hacksaws usually belong to our club ;-)

2xw

NewStuff said:
I know Brexiters that hate locks and Brexiters that love them. Remainers that hate locks and Remainers that love them. I know ambivalent people that hate locks, and some that love them.

While the Politics (big P) is all over the map, there doesn't really seem to be much middle ground regarding locks, at least in sample size I have. The ones with hacksaws usually belong to our club ;-)

Maybe Derbyshire Keys are a middle ground? I don't like gates but I don't mind a Derbyshire Key

NewStuff

2xw said:
NewStuff said:

Maybe Derbyshire Keys are a middle ground? I don't like gates but I don't mind a Derbyshire Key

If it has to be gated, I'm all for Derby keys. Issue is, some people seem to have a gate fetish they can't shake off.