Temporary Board for mining chat / notices / updates?

Brains

Hi Peeps,
Was thinking if AN does go offline, how would you feel about a temporary board until it can return for mining news, updates, national meets etc? Input for NAMHO and PDMHS amongst others...
Would like to know Simon is OK with it, and would need mining peeps this end to look after it (Roy Fellows, AR, Pete Knight, Pwhole, etc...)
Of course Pegasus and Badlad would need to be OK with it as well?
Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_20191005_133719.jpg
    IMG_20191005_133719.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 716
  • IMG_20191005_143319.jpg
    IMG_20191005_143319.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 192

ditzy 24//7

I think this would be a good idea but must be careful not to tread on anyone's toes. It is also important that the data, info, old pics etc are not lost. such a great site and it will be a shame when it shuts down.

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
We'd be very happy to help out if we can and are open to suggestions.  Would like to see the AN community kept together.  Don't want to be treading on AN's toes though and really hope Simon can sort out his problems with the site.  Perhaps we could offer a mining section or two on a temporary basis that can be copied back to AN once it is operational again.  Happy again to have mining folk moderate it.  You guys have a think.

royfellows

Jane, you wonderful fantastic lady!
I am going to contact Simon Lowe with your very kind offer and see if he can be induced to put a link to this thread on AN front page.

I'll be back.

royfellows

Yes, Simon will put the link to this thread on the front page. Again thanks a lot. If there is anything I can do for UKC or its members, I will try. I and many others wont do facebook.

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Roy.

Rather than a link to this thread it would be better to have a whole dedicated board for mining.  We could have 'mining chat' alongside caving chat for instance.  That way you can start as many threads as people want on any mine topic and we should be able to transfer the lot back to AN in the future.  If anyone wants more boards we could even create a whole section, but perhaps see how it goes first.

We should have a mining moderator for the 'mining chat' board.  Would you be prepared to do that, or someone else from the community?

Cheers
Tim

royfellows

You are being extremely kind and I will go for all, but a couple of things.

1/ I will need to keep Simon Lowe up to date with new link from AN front page
2/ Having me as a mod on the new mining board. I am an existing mod on AN and you need to be aware of package you are getting. It would be AN rules, no "F" words, politics, climate, Trump, vegan nationalism or anything like that. Apart from continuation as is, or as were so to speak, there is the possibility of a future migration. Planning ahead.

andrewmcleod

royfellows said:
You are being extremely kind and I will go for all, but a couple of things.

1/ I will need to keep Simon Lowe up to date with new link from AN front page
2/ Having me as a mod on the new mining board. I am an existing mod on AN and you need to be aware of package you are getting. It would be AN rules, no "F" words, politics, climate, Trump, vegan nationalism or anything like that. Apart from continuation as is, or as were so to speak, there is the possibility of a future migration. Planning ahead.

The benefit of being on UKC is that you could just shunt anything non-mining onto another part of the forum :)

RobinGriffiths

As it's now the 2nd Anniversary of AN going dark, I think enough time has passed to ask the question, is Adit Now coming back? It's not my intention to start a debate or to tease out when it may be back. Just a quick question to anyone who may be in the know.

tomferry

with namho now finalised for this calendar year, don’t suppose they could offer support to Simon or take over ? I no originally Simon was going to do updates, myself I haven’t heard 1 so far, maybe I am just not in the list to receive these and there has been some.

We need Roy or sinker maybe to update us ???

Edwardov

As it's now the 2nd Anniversary of AN going dark, I think enough time has passed to ask the question, is Adit Now coming back? It's not my intention to start a debate or to tease out when it may be back. Just a quick question to anyone who may be in the know.
Had a chat with Sinker. "No change" is the response.

tomferry

Well I am going to say what I suspect others may have thought, has anyone else even built a forum based website ? Or what remains of us there are are we staying in ukc for the major long haul ? I appreciate what Simon did but. I am sure I am not only one who has thought this.

royfellows

Tom, its just a matter of time before AN is back on line. In meantime lets continue to use the mine forum on UKC that we have very kindly been provided with, but yes, it may well be along haul.

That's encouraging news Roy. Sinker's relayed comment was a little unclear.

Thanks for the update and thank Simon for all his hard work when you're next in touch.

Jim