Negative PDF photo on phone..?

dunc

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it is partially photo related..

I've got two (that I can think of off the top of my head) PDFs, both of which contain photos/pictures, if I view these on my computer they display fine and as intended. However, if I try to view them on my phone the photos/pictures within these PDFs are all shown in negative. It's possible all the photos/pictures were stored in PNG format, has that anything to do with it, as I know another PDF with a JPG photo displays ok? Does anyone have an idea as to why I have this problem or how to remedy it (apart from the obvious answer of use JPG instead!)?

Only a minor issue but being a picky sod at times I like things to work as they should!

TheBitterEnd

dunc said:
Only a minor issue but being a picky sod at times I like things to work as they should!

Best to stay well away from computers then...  ;)

Someone once said "Technology is the word we use for things that don't work yet"

AR

What's your phone, what version of OS does it have, and what does it use to read pdfs? 

AR

OK.... the Android OS varies in operation between phone manufacturers as they have a lot off leeway over UI and skinning, so that could be a cause. The pdf viewer could be having issues with something that was done to or set in the pdf when it was created and it's probably pretty bare-bones when compared to Adobe Reader, which is what I assume you've got on your computer?  I'd suggest either getting a different pdf reader app on your phone and seeing how it renders in that, or getting a friend with a different phone/reader to give it a try and see if they get the inversion issue.

dunc

Cheers for the info.

I use the Foxit reader on my computer.

Just checked on a Blackberry and that produces similar results. Bugger, looks like I'll have to scratch my head and try a few different settings when creating the PDF.  :cautious:

Alex

You sure the images are not selected for some reason? That will invertthe colours.

dunc

Think I may have stumbled upon an answer to my question.

In the PDF output was an option tucked away for colour management, the "Output Colour Space" option was set to CMYK, so I set it to RGB and a couple of tests suggest this has resolved the problem!

The simplest things...  ::)