Vaud Alps

aricooperdavis

Has anyone been caving in the Vaud Alps? I'm considering heading that way at the end of summer and have just realised there's some caving! I've read an excellent trip report from Le Gouffre du Chevrier, but would love some other recommendations?

mikem

A friend had their ferry turn around mid channel yesterday, as the UK government now advising against trips to France.

Benfool

Really?

I cant see anything on BBC News or government travel advice website and France still on the exempt list. I really hope this isn't true :cry:

B

mikem

May have been a joke post, but they are considering it, as cases are increasing there as well.

A_Northerner

mikem said:
May have been a joke post, but they are considering it, as cases are increasing there as well.

Do you have a source for that or is this a joke post as well? Misinformation is a pain in the arse at the moment and you're not exactly helping...

wildsurf

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/31/coronavirus-cases-rise-54-in-mainland-france-in-a-week

Cases up 54% in a week according to that news report.

mikem

www.express.co.uk/travel/articles/1316100/france-travel-is-france-going-back-into-lockdown-coronavirus-updates

JoshW

mikem said:
www.express.co.uk/travel/articles/1316100/france-travel-is-france-going-back-into-lockdown-coronavirus-updates

To save people the effort of having to click on an express.co.uk link:

Is France going back into lockdown?
France is not currently in lockdown, and the UK has not placed any restrictions on travelling there.

mikem

It also says that they are recording twice as many cases per day as they were recently, & haven't increased testing. Still only half the number that resulted in Spain having quarantine reinstated.

British minister has warned France may follow Spain back on to the UK's 'quarantine' list....
Yesterday in (better for you?):
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/europe/france/articles/can-visit-france-quarantine-uk-travel-advice-holiday-coronavirus/

& as not everyone wants to look at torygraph either: https://www.google.com/amp/s/inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/travel/france-quarantine-uk-list-travel-advice-coronavirus-cases-covid-19-lockdown-latest-news-563863/amp

maxb727

I?ve just got back from Belgium and they were tightening rules there on our last couple of days - masks had to be worn everywhere by the time we left.

My friends who live there have said they are expecting another lockdown soon as their cases are on the rise again. If the increased measures don?t stop this rise then its likely for the lockdown.

I know this isn?t France but as each country has its individual rules/policies then they might head into a time of restriction much earlier than the UK would consider.

I?m glad to be home in the UK again, I didn?t fancy having a 14 day quarantine but we knew the risk when we went. We went by Channel Tunnel and took our camper van.

aricooperdavis

Thanks for the heads up. I'll assess the travel situation again closer to the time I think, but would consider flying directly to Switzerland to avoid travel restrictions in intermediate countries.