Lambing season

SamT

Rowter and JH are now shut for lambing season :(

I suspect the same could be said for Longrake and Oxlow/Nettle/Maskill.
So better check with the appropriate farmer for those ones.

SamT

bubba said:
Any idea when this ends?

May usually.

I really cant see the point - they dont shut footpaths that cross their land but then I suppose thats the point - its their land and we have to respect that. 8)

E

eyecave

lambing is the make or break time for the sheep farmer...........each successful birth that thrives is pure profit..eventually..................his total focus and the actions of the heavily pregnant ewe's must not be altered by intruders.................the mothers must not be stressed at alllllllllllllllllll.....................the ladies are rather particular and delicate to a certain degree which find themselves distressed by the clattering noisy cavers rattling across the field................ :wink: so good riddance to the caving ban!!....... :eek: a peaceful and quiet verdant field..buzzing and chirping the only noise.........a normal gestation quietly completed....... :idea:

SamT

:D good time to retreive this thread.

Not heard of any bans yet. Oxlow/maskill were still OK this weekend.
I expect long rake is out - (he always does, even though there are no sheep in that field.
JH/Rowter, I dont know about.

paul

SamT said:
:D good time to retreive this thread.

Not heard of any bans yet. Oxlow/maskill were still OK this weekend.
I expect long rake is out - (he always does, even though there are no sheep in that field.
JH/Rowter, I dont know about.

Rowter and JH are closed every April for lambing - at least for the last few years if not for longer. I don't remember Oxlow/Maskhill/Nettle being closed except during Foot & Mouth.

Is the handline still in place on Swirl Passage (the ramp below the 3rd pitch)? Is it in reasonable condition? I'm planning a trip down Oxlow on Sat. and don't want to carry any extra rope if I don't need to.