Should Anti Vaccine People be Entitled to a ITU Bed ?

Should Anti Vaccine People be Entitled to a ITU Bed ?

• Yes They should get a ITU bed

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • No they shouldn't get a ITU bed

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Every UK citizen should get the same treatment self inflicted or not

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Marvin

This cropped up on a night shift my wife was on last night in ITU with the doctors and nurses . Out of the 12 Beds for CV19 patients in ITU 11 of the people were "anti vaccies" as they have now become known as, that is to say say are refusing to have any CV19 vaccine, so should they take up a bed what could be used for somebody that has been vaccinated ?  :-\ . Yes there are people that have had both vaccines that go into ITU with CV19.

I think I know which way this vote will go  ;)

*** Please remember guys that everybody is entitled to an opinion, even if it doesn't happen to be your opinion so be respectful . 

Brains

Are you adding a poll?
I would opine that refusing the offering of medical science should be a blanket option. Respect their stance to refuse treatment and isolate to prevent spreading the contagion

Paul Marvin

Brains said:
Are you adding a poll?
I would opine that refusing the offering of medical science should be a blanket option. Respect their stance to refuse treatment and isolate to prevent spreading the contagion

Yes I will .  (y)

pwhole

Having recently needed an emergency bed for a genuine emergency, you already know my feelings on this. No Covid jab, no Covid treatment - if the choice to be vaccinated was turned down, and it takes away treatment for a jabbed Covid patient or any other patient with any other illness requiring arranged treatment, or life-threatening emergencies. In other words, go home and deal with it, we're too busy, sorry. Sucker. Obviously folks who couldn't get jabbed for health reasons are exempt from this new law.

You can tell your wife to tell the doctors and nurses that, if they feel they need support in a difficult decision :)

Fishes

I wouldn't refuse them a bed if there are plenty to go around. I would give the bed to a vaccinated person first however.

NewStuff

If you don't trust Science/Nurses/Doctors/"Big Pharma" enough to get the jab, then you do not get to say that you do trust them enough to pump you full of Remdesivir, intubate you, or any of the numerous other treatments to attempt to stop if f*****g your day up in a terminal manner. People like this deserve to be called out and ridiculed at every opportunity. We're 18 months into this, we know what's happening, hundreds of millions have had the jabs, it's just yet another excuse to play the martyr, be the centre of attention.

Harsh to refuse them treatment. How about if anti- vaxers are 10 times more likely to get hospitalised then they pay 10 times the National Insurance rate?  :-\

pwhole

Fishes said:
I wouldn't refuse them a bed if there are plenty to go around. I would give the bed to a vaccinated person first however.

Of course if there are plenty of spare beds available, then fine - even I'm not that ruthless. But I'm getting there  8)

pwhole

Cosmo Smallpiece said:
Harsh to refuse them treatment. How about if anti- vaxers are 10 times more likely to get hospitalised then they pay 10 times the National Insurance rate?  :-\

A Covid tax! Genius. You should send that idea to Rishi Sunak, though he will of course claim it was his idea :)

cap n chris

Only if overweight people and/or smokers are denied any and all forms of NHS treatment, if that's how the world is now trending. Obv..

Perhaps cave rescue (etc.) should follow suit and only attend for people who aren't a liability to themselves too. This forum is certainly showing its colours. 

I'd be amazed if anyone who has been DJd and/or boosted/vaccinated would be in need of any ITU care whatsoever (given that the very reason for being innoculated is specifically to make this unnecessary) hence almost all ITU care by definition will be for those who are unwell because they aren't protected. Obv..

Fishes

Cosmo Smallpiece said:

I wonder how many of them actually pay national insurance.

PeteHall

Cap'n Chris said:
Only if overweight people and/or smokers are denied any and all forms of NHS treatment

This.

And add to that anyone who's injured themselves through drinking, drugs, breaking the speed limit, getting into a fight etc.

paul

Regarding the Poll option "Every UK citizen should get the same treatment self inflicted or not". What about Non-UK Citizens?

Paul Marvin

paul said:
Regarding the Poll option "Every UK citizen should get the same treatment self inflicted or not". What about Non-UK Citizens?

I knew that would come up  :clap:, thats a REALLY big can of worms buddy  (y)

menacer

Maybe they should be forced to wear some sort of easy to recognise identifier to continue with the "Them and Us" witch hunt.
How about a yellow star?
Anyone?  :blink:

Paul Marvin

PeteHall said:
Cap'n Chris said:
Only if overweight people and/or smokers are denied any and all forms of NHS treatment

This.

And add to that anyone who's injured themselves through drinking, drugs, breaking the speed limit, getting into a fight etc.

Actually Pete some patients are refused OP,s unless for example they lose weight and some a terrific amount. VERY good point though and also one I knew would crop up, thats why the option was put on there  ;)    (y)

Paul Marvin

menacer said:
Maybe they should be forced to wear some sort of easy to recognise identifier to continue with the "Them and Us" witch hunt.
How about a yellow star?

Your avatar is cool bro  :LOL:

menacer

Paul Marvin said:
menacer said:
How about a yellow star?

Your avatar is cool bro  :LOL:

It was denied an ITU bed....bro  :tease:

Status
Not open for further replies.