Pit Bouncing Day!

Amy

Well, a weak one (only two different pits, Neversink at ~160ft (48meters) and Valhalla at ~220ft (68meters). Need a third to make a true pit bobbing day :p Welcome to classic TAG!
(I can't figure out how to make it embed like normal? it was doing that automatically before, sorry!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ykxSeoZQ5E

cavermark

Nice SHAFTS (as it's Uk caving!).

Hideous legwear on camera person.

They don't hang about do they - our ropes would be sizzling!

Amy

Yeah we climb fast, LOL. Ropewalkers are lovely! Here once you start doing a lot of vertical work (and the group of us out there in this video are long rope people too) if you have a ~1200ft (365m) rappel (Golondrinas) or a ~2400ft(730meters) rappel (el capitan), if you go too slow it takes too damn long to get down, so we learn how to open it up and let 'er rip while keeping control to come in nice and soft at the end. Everyone I was with for this we are all trained for/have done such long rope rappels (those aren't broken up, one straight shot, no rebelays, no deviations, nothing. It's rope all the way down!)

Shafts or pothole? I've heard pit used there too :p

Glad you love my awesome peace&love&rainbows vertical pants. Found them at a thrift store for $1, had to have them!

This is the best time of year here to go vertical - weather in the 60-70's (15-20c) so those long uphill hikes arnt so bad, and the snakes are in hibernation so you dont have to worry about stepping on a copperhead or water moccasin hiding in the underbrush, and a lot of the underbrush is dried out/dead so it's easier to trample on through the woods! Summers where it hits 100f(38c) easy and high humidity so heat indexes of over 100f easy, we prefer wet "horror holes" or cool in-cave vertical stuff that is wet but not a horrible hike to get to.