Donation to Mendip Cave Rescue

sn

Having been recently rescued by this fine organisation, I though a donation was in order, however I couldn't see anything on their website indicating how to make one. Does anyone know an address & who to make a cheque payable to (or better still bank details for a transfer?)

Thanks!

The Old Ruminator

It can be given or sent to Martin Grass -Bryscombe, The Quarries, New Road, Draycott, Som. BS27 3SG. 01934742710. m.grass@btinternet.com

These details are in Mendip Underground so I cant see a problem listing them here.

MarkS

It seems a bit of an oversight for an organisation (presumably) reliant on donations not to include information on their main web page as to how you can donate!

complex

Mendip Cave Rescue isn't the only cave rescue team that doesn't have an on-line donation facility:

BCRC - donate via paypal
CRO - donate via paypal or just giving
CornwallSAR - donate via virgin money giving
COMRU - donate via text message (just text giving)
DerbyCRO - donate via paypal
DevonCRO - no donate option on website
GCRG - donate via virgin money giving
ICRO - no donate option on website
MCR - no donate option on website
Midland CRO - website not currently responding so unable to check
NWCRO - donate via virgin money giving
SCRO - no donate option on website
SECRO - no donate option on website
SMWCRT - donate via paypal
Swaledale MRT - donate via just giving
UWFRA - donate via just giving

darren

MarkS said:
It seems a bit of an oversight for an organisation (presumably) reliant on donations not to include information on their main web page as to how you can donate!

Bearing in mind I cave on Mendip and might need  MCR to save my life I prefer to be a bit more positive about this.

I assume MCR is a competent organisation that knows what they are doing. If they don't have information about how to donate on their main web page, or any other web page it's because they don't want it there.

Why is another question, perhaps they prefer beer?

mikem

Or they manage to cover costs with the collection boxes, events & bequests they already have...

estelle

MCR have donation tins in at least the Hunters, Belfry and Wessex huts, not sure about any of the others. Maybe we do need to get more tech savvy and give the opportunity for donations via the website and facebook, it's not really been asked for until now, i think most will contact us via Martin as secretary or one of the wardens if they wish to give a donation via another means, which of course are always welcomed by any voluntary organisation. :)