Helping each other out during Covid 19

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Hi All,

Please use this thread if you can offer or need help during the coming weeks.

We have all been disgusted by the actions of some (that poor critical care nurse in tears this morning because she can't buy supplies due to panic buying  :( ), however there are far more tales of communities coming together to help and support each other - surely, we the caving community can do (actually are already, I've no doubt) the same?

So....

I live near Ingleton - if you live in my area have to self isolate and need some shopping fetching, let me know  :)

Just wanted to wish everyone who uses/lurks on the forum all the very best both health and work wise, love Jane xx

Speleofish

Could I suggest everyone who tries to set up a social network in their immediate area? In our village a group of scarily organised women have ensured they have phone numbers and contact details for everyone and have given out numbers to ring if people are in trouble. Vulnerable people will be contacted regularly. They've done a deal with the local independent supermarket to deliver to the village at fairly short notice. The next, more difficult task is how to handle care needs - they're working on that, but many of the volunteers are elderly and PPE isn't immediately available.

Keris82

You can donate directly to the British Red Cross to help vulnerable communities affected by covid19 here: https://www.cafonline.org/home/coronavirus-appeal