Any Cavers on the forum

Mark

It seems just lately that people are more interested in Vat on helicopters than caving

What is wrong with you people

The Forum stats make pitiful reading (dimensions of a breeze block, Story game, WTF)

Top 10 topics by replies

Wezzit? 4593
global warming 2857
Friday joke - WARNING - contains swearing. 2453
Mendip Wezzit? 2306
Story Game.......1000
Peak District - Wezzit? 902
The Friday Video Clips thread 734
GB cave 513
Severn barrage 462
Dowsing 447

Top 10 Topics by views

Wezzit?227250
Friday joke - WARNING - contains swearing. 226234
global warming 169626
Mendip Wezzit? 97570
The Friday Video Clips thread 86039
Severn barrage 56801
GB cave 54582
Story Game.......48027
Dimensions of a breeze block? 47679
Digging! 43850

:confused:

Roger W

'Tis disgusting!

Just out of interest, what are the top ten topics posted in by Eldon members?

Alex

What we need is another Dreanen fiasco, that will get people talking about caving.

But as no one organises trips on here or posts trip reports anymore  it seems (only been 7 since end of November), what more is there to talk about in regards to caving? If I have posted caving related things about asking if anyone been down a certain passage like I did on the Wales one recently I don't get any response, so no point really.

So your right this forum seems severly lacking in cavers or at least people who talk about caves.

martinb

I was thinking that it was quiet on here as well......

I must admit, I've done quite a bit in Stoney Middleton over the last year - reopening old stuff, finding new bits, smoke tests etc, etc and I've not written it up on here...... :-[

barrabus

At least I managed to post in Idle Chat...

(I have always wondered how 'Dimensions of a breeze block?' got so many views though.)

droid

At the moment I'm more interested in building an enormous model railway layout (based on the Hope Valley line).

Anyone au fait with 'cab control' wiring?

graham

droid said:
At the moment I'm more interested in building an enormous model railway layout (based on the Hope Valley line).

Anyone au fait with 'cab control' wiring?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

owd git

Or posts from anyone not posting a'regular' (ish) trip report. with or without nepatism :LOL:
O.G.  :-\  (alledgedly)

Fulk

OK Mark ? stop whingeing and start an interesting, exciting topic that will stimulate people.

TheBitterEnd

May be it's because caving is what a lot of people on here do, it's common place. It's not until something a little unusual occurs - changing over from down to up mid rope for example -  that it is worth discussing.

"I went down some pot or another, it was fun, nothing special happened" is not terribly interesting and just sounds a bit newb-ish.

Now if only the guy who had an epic down little Meregill would tell us what happened ...

JRL

Mark,

I, for one, am actually really, really interested in reading about 'wezzits?' and dowsing. It's thrilling.
If your own life is so dull that you can't appreciate the more intellectual side of speleology then quite frankly it's your loss.

More 'wezzits' please!

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

molerat

Sorry to be pedantic but the fact that a significant proportion of the most active topics are not caving related does not mean that there is a lack of caving-related posts. It just means that some non-caving topics generate more posts than caving topics! This should be expected as a lot of non-caving topics are political in nature, resulting in extensive debate. It shouldn't be surprising that a thread on the Severn Barrage has more replies than a thread on Sleets Gill Cave, even though I find the latter more interesting. I expect you'll find a large majority of the posts on this forum are caving related and most new posts are caving related.

Elaine

AND... a topic like VAT on helicopter fuel is perfectly titled to allow people not interested in reading anything non caving related to ignore it.