CaveClimb

mrodoc

Brains said:
.com gives a gear shop, .co.uk gives me a Capt Jack Sparrow fan site!

so it does. Is there something Andy isn't telling us? I was going to make a cheap joke about prices in CaveClimb being daylight robbery but that isn't really fair.

Brains

Stupot said:
Bloody hell, everyone is a little SLLLLOOOOOOWWWWW today are'nt they  o_O

Stu.

Doh! My excuse is that I drove 400 miles in an E plate Ninety yesterday, and had very little sleep this w/e....  :-[

Andy Sparrow

It is a bizarre coincidence that caveclimb.co.uk should go to a Captain Jack Sparrow appreciation site (or is it?).  I was not aware of this until today.  This domain was registered by one 'Albert Bat' on the 18th October.  It's a bloody odd name for a Jack Sparrow site.  Is someone trying to wind me up?

Andy Sparrow

Andy Sparrow said:
It is a bizarre coincidence that caveclimb.co.uk should go to a Captain Jack Sparrow appreciation site (or is it?).  I was not aware of this until today.  This domain was registered by one 'Albert Bat' on the 18th October.  It's a bloody odd name for a Jack Sparrow site.  Is someone trying to wind me up?

Ok - now I get it.  This website is being fed into www.caveclimb.co.uk from another source.  Somebody - 'A Bat' has bought caveclimb.co.uk and created a link to mirror the Captain Jack site.  This has been done as a deliberate act of sabotage - to cause confusion and divert traffic from our site. 

What do we feel about that then folks?

damian

Andy Sparrow said:
What do we feel about that then folks?

I assume it's some kind of joke from some kind person, designed to give your new venture added publicity on UKCaving and will, I assume, be removed again in a couple of days .... if not then I'm pretty unimpressed, to be blunt! 

I think :icon_321: would just about sum it up!

Stupot

I only found out this morning as I was christmas shopping for caving items, a simple mistake (co.uk instead of com) led me to the pirate site, I was quite amused actually  ;)

Maybe the offender will sell you .co.uk for ????????????

Stu.