Underwear underground

Do you wear undies underground?

• Yes - Have you tried prusiking without underwear!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - I like the breeze on big wet pitches.

• No comment - It might freak out my caving pals.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was driving through a snowstorm today [for two hours] and wondered if I am the only caver who goes underground with no shreddies on. Is it just me or are there others out there with a similar disposition? :shock:

Rachel

Weirdo. Mind you, I do avoid underwire bras, especially in tight bits where the underwires have been known to flip over causing the ends to gauge holes in my flesh. Funnily enough, all the blokes I cave with avoid them too (as far as I'm guessing).

Rachel

I just remembered after sending the last post, I used to share an office with a girl whose brother was into women's undies and he and his boyfriend came on a trip down wretched rabbit, both wearing ladies tights under their undersuits, allegedly as an extra thermal layer. When they got laddered you could have heard the howls of dismay all the way down to the streamway!

D

diggerdog adam

and wondered if I am the only caver who goes underground with no shreddies on.

Cumbrain neil, hey im with you on that one, it keeps you much warmer and no chance of getting things twisted up on a pitch :oops:
Mind you, I do avoid underwire bras, especially in tight bits
Rachel hon whats the point? wet cotton next to your skin is horrible ! and any way you will nodoubt have to get changed when ya get back to the car seems a bit daft to me, my missus whos a big girl if you no what i mean always goes commando and has never looked back. (38dd)
:D

T

tiggs

was driving through a snowstorm today [for two hours] and wondered if I am the only caver who goes underground with no shreddies on. Is it just me or are there others out there with a similar disposition?
you were driving thro a snow storm pondering whether everyone you go caving with wears pants underground...WHY?!!!!
wet cotton next to your skin is horrible !
Who says anything about Cotton???!!!!!! Skimpy bits o Lace is far nicer!!!!
my missus whos a big girl if you no what i mean always goes commando and has never looked back. (38dd)
Thanks for that HUBBY dear...I am a 38C not double D u muppet! LOL

you were driving thro a snow storm pondering whether everyone you go caving with wears pants underground...WHY?!!!!

To be honest Tiggs... I'm not exactly sure. Only one of my caving mates goes commando. You get a hell of a lot less chafe going without shreddies.

As for Rachel... you suggest I am a wierdo :cry: , but then agree with me?? I'd never thought of how underwire bras might cause an issue!

This Poll is creating some interesting results... I am not alone in my plight!!

CN.

T

twllddu

you could try the Lowe Alpine thermal stuff -

http://www.lowealpine.com/Products/SearchMenu.asp?ProductTypeID=7

it's reasonably comfortable, keeps you warm and dries quickly.

T

Titch98

I tend to find that underwear is particularly uncomfortable under a wetsuit, so don't normally bother...........and like Rachel says, the bras do chafe a bit......

:shock:

Don't bother under my full-body fleece, either........not nice wondering a dry system with sweat soggen undies clinging to your bum (and other bits....)

Welcome to the world of Caving.....where you don't have to be mad, but it helps!!!!

:LOL:

T

tiggs

I'd never thought of how underwire bras might cause an issue!
Under wire bras are fine as long as the wires stay where they are supposed to stay, not come out. I had nasty incident once where ex boyfriend nearly got his chest punctured with said item...LOL
I agree with Rachel, its not a good idea to get a loose bra wire caught in a tight bit, then have to call CRO lol

:oops:

A

Anna

Underwear under a wetsuit I find really uncomfortable so I don't wear any. The downside is that peeing in my wetsuit gives me the itchy bum syndrome. Anybody else find this?

T

tiggs

Must admit I always wonder why they dont create wet-suits, furry suits etc with a functional flap on em at the crotch so you could avoid peeing problems. ( yeah n sell em in ann summers lol)

Hubby managed to create himself a functional flap on his wetsuit which was stuck down with velcro when not in use, which was a fab idea till the velcro snapped LOL (lets just say it was a bit draughty and people complained about the view LOL)

Underwear under a wetsuit I find really uncomfortable so I don't wear any. The downside is that peeing in my wetsuit gives me the itchy bum syndrome. Anybody else find this?

Fortunately i have always managed to avoid the need to pee whilst down a cave so havent had to worry about that kind of problem.

Wonder if they sell velcro-amended crotched pvc suits on ebay?! LOL :p

The downside is that peeing in my wetsuit gives me the itchy bum syndrome.

A wee bit of vaseline tends to prevent this problem somewhat... or making sure that you pee when you are in a streamway so the pee gets washed through the wetsuit. This last suggestion also cures the "stink" issue too that your caving pals might find a bit intrusive to the nasal passages!!

CN

Cave_Troll

1) i've never peed in my wetsuit.
2) I always were something next to me bits as when i'm doing SRT i like to keep everything in position so it doesn't move around and get trapped under a harness

T

tiggs

I always were something next to me bits as when i'm doing SRT i like to keep everything in position so it doesn't move around and get trapped under a harness

Ewww too much information...!
erm what do you use to hold it all in place? sellotape? :p

Rachel

I agree with Rachel, its not a good idea to get a loose bra wire caught in a tight bit, then have to call CRO lol

Yeah, Jim Eyre would turn up with his sketch pad and the next thing you know your boobs would be immortalised on the wall in the New Inn.

The downside is that peeing in my wetsuit gives me the itchy bum syndrome.

A wee bit of vaseline tends to prevent this problem somewhat...
Isn't that the principle behind nappy cream? Maybe you should try pull-ups or incontinence pants instead. :wink:

SamT

yup - I usually wear some lowe alpine thermal pants. dry quick and like cave troll I like to keep me bits in order.

However, peeing in your wetsuit is one of lifes little pleasures int it.

Especially when your cold. :p

T

Titch98

Cave_Troll said:
when i'm doing SRT i like to keep everything in position so it doesn't move around

LOL......Have you ever worn of these harness things? There is absolutely NO chance of anything moving around!!! Everything is thrust forwards and clamped into position by the leg loops!!

:wink:

D

Dave H

I tried SRT commando once and found myself getting slowly plucked :shock:
Maybe, the leg loops were a bit too loose.

I tend to wear 2 or 3 sets of knackered pants (so the many holes don't line up) and an old Helly Hanson thermal top that the wife decided to iron (it too gained a few holes that evening) :roll: when doing a dry cave - no top when wearing a wetsuit.

I have never pee'd in a wetsuit, although as mine always split under the crotch, it probably wouldn't cause a problem. The only problem I ever have with a wetsuit is when I lend it to a lady, and then there is a fight over who follows her in a hands-and-knees crawl! :wink:

T

tubby two

I have never pee'd in a wetsuit

Then you've never lived!
:D Its the greatest feeling in the world enjoying your own little 'warm patch' when in freezing cold water. I'd agree it dosent sound so good in dry caves... I did hear a very funny story about an old old club member who went to france, ate something dodgy the day before a deep cave and got the craps whils prussiking up a huge entrance shaft in his wetsuit! nice.

And just for the record, you need something to keep the anatomy in place when your spending the next 5 hours hanging in a harness, a leg loop interference can be hard to correct at the top of a 40m pitch. Old lined swimming shorts work, quite tight because lets face it, its cold anyway...

tt.