it's all gone quiet again

bubba

Administrator
I see tumbleweeds rolling across the forum....I hear a church bell chime in the distance... ;)

Stu

I'm guessing Captain Scarlet! Or Dan Dare? That one is before my time though!

AndyF

You're a very keen man - btw, what's your avatar about?

It's a still from the closing credits of Captain Scarlet. It seems to sum up how some of our digs feel...

D

darkplaces

I been picking up rubbish in Box Quarry and spent the weekend in cumbria playing in the snow and exploring a mine. Now I'm writing a intermediate image mod for my album so people with slow connections can view smaller versions of the large images I have. Yeah, its all go with me......

Oh and I have a hamster to look after so I am well busy.

bubba

Administrator
c**tplaces said:
Now I'm writing a intermediate image mod for my album so people with slow connections can view smaller versions of the large images I have.

That's a well good thing to do for your users. I'm lazy and just use Coppermine for the gallery here, which luckily does all that for you out of the box.

SamT

I've been bollocked at work for spending too much time on't net. Opps.

Plus I've been organising my stag do/wedding and busy digging Durham Edge Swallet.

D

Dave H

Little Titan,

Is that work (to pay for caving), digging/caving (for enjoyment), wife/wedding/etc. (for clean clothes, meals and enjoyment)?:wink: :LOL:

Sorry ladies, I couldn't resist it, and anyway my wife knows that I daren't say it out loud. (I can't find a smiley with a thumb on the head!)
Better get on with the washing up or I won't get my passport stamped to allow caving next weekend :(

T

tiggs

I've been busy updating websites and baking bread, biscuits and cakes and reading "really intellectual" books (*cough!)

Now enjoying a day of peace having offloaded my 3 kids onto granny overnight.

D

darkplaces

hmm yummy bread, biscuits and cakes for my furry little tummy.
Finished intermediate image MOD for my forum album. Works a treat.
Prepping for a France/spain trip on which I shall be looking 'into' all the various bunkers and things. 10 days 'bunker bustin' roadtip HEEEYAAAA.
Got to make sure all my automatic backups and things of my servers are all working fine. I got this bledin rack of servers in my house!

D

darkplaces

Yeah, what started as a learning project, "hmm I wonder how these er forums work' kinda exploded silly like. It means the forum is sometimes slow, unreachable but I am a bit stuck now, with some 2800 pictures, and the whole of DP taking up 1.7gig and the mysql database is approching 60mb I would be hard pressed to find a host provider with reasonable space for reasonable money. I'v learnt a lot which relates to my job. In my job I normally just provide the pipe, but now I understand the services behind it which helps with my understanding of firewall installs.

bubba

Administrator
What capacity pipe are you running? It's so expensive getting any more than 256kbps upload in the UK.

My host charges about £40 p/month for 6gb space, 100gb monthly transfer and you get full root access to the virtual server.

D

darkplaces

BT Business ADSL only 256k up and 1mb down. So I am limited in capacity. Once the SDSL costs come down or if I get real rich SDSL would be an option. Its one reason why I am trying to make the interface minimal, I got rid of shaded borders etc. Can you let me know which hosting company you use and I think I need to plan a migration at some point. Thanks.