Rope sponsor for summers expos

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
Expedition rope on offer

Following the success of last summer's sponsorship we are offering the same rope deal to summer expos.  Ukcaving are looking to target their support towards younger, hard up cavers, heading out on expeditions this summer.  We can offer up to four sponsor 'deals' of 300m of Fides 9mm SRT rope with a possible bonus of a further 200m to one lucky group.  Thanks again to our good friends at Spanset for their assistance with this offer​

wl

So how do you get hold of this rope?  Well... the more coverage your expedition gets the better it is for all your sponsors... and cavers like to hear your expedition stories..... so you're going to have to blog about your expedition on ukcaving.  What does that mean?  To apply you will have to post on the 'expeditions' board of the forum giving some history, details, hopes and objectives of your trip.  Our small panel of judges will then decide who will be successful and award your trip the rope (collectable from Ingleton area).  As part of the deal you will then give a commitment to blog about the trip on the same thread.  This must include as a minimum; a post before departure, two posts from the field and a good report upon your return.  Make it positive and fun (but not too much of the in jokes that no one else understands) and that will help with recruitment and sponsors next year.  Once the expeditions are all over our judges will choose who has made the best efforts to inform and entertain the caving public and award a final 200m of rope to one of the expeditions for future use.

Closing date for applications is 10pm 5th June. Any questions, especially about eligibility, please contact me by PM.

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
Just to clarify a few things.  The sponsor of this initiative is ukcaving.  However we have purchased the rope from our good friends at Spanset who are so supportive and we wanted to give them credit for that.

If you applied last year you can definitely apply again.  You were all great.  If we get more than four applications we are going to have to make some tough decisions.

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Check out our competitions - prizes (open to cavers of all ages) have included a Bosch drill, Warmbac  oversuits and other various kit ,  Rab waterproof jackets, lots of Spanset rope, fenix lights, books - lots of books, Mountain Equipment jackets Five Ten canyoneers, Bestard boots - I could go on.......

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
Closing tonight at 10pm.

Get your entry in if you haven't done so yet. 

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
Many thanks for the entries guys.  There are some great summer expo projects again this year and we'd like to help out as best we can.  See my brief comments under each entry in 'expeditions and trips abroad' section https://ukcaving.com/board/index.php?board=16.0

Four lots of 300m x 9mm SRT rope goes to;

CUCC Austria
Treviso Caves Project
Slovenia ICCC/JSPDT
Dachstein Austria

Absolutely brilliant expos and projects which we wish we could do more to assist with - perhaps next year  ;)

I can't leave out Spanish Fun with the CDG as it too is a worthy project.  I can offer you a minimum of 100m x 9mm SRT rope plus any surplus left over when we measure off the above.

You'll all have to arrange collect from the Dales.  PM me

Best of luck with all the trips.  I'm looking forward to reading all about them. (y)

Joel Corrigan

On behalf of the Dachstein crew I'd like to thank Badlad & Pegasus (UK Caving) & Pete (Spanset) for your continued support of international exploration projects.  This certainly makes a huge difference to what we can achieve within a very limited budget.  Much appreciated, folks. 

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for all the info on some great summer expeditions.  I'm sure lot's of people enjoyed reading about them.  There is still a further 200m of rope to award and I will announce this on 4th November.  Plenty of time for additional info, like the Migovec fly over,to be posted.  Brill.

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
A tough decision it is to award the final 200m of rope.  We're all winners in a way as so many folk have enjoyed reading about the expedition exploits this year. 

CUCC Austria did a fabulous job of entertaining us and you had the highest number of views too.  You were deserved winners last year.
Treviso were close behind on the numbers but also high on content and entertainment.
Slovenia didn't hit the numbers but did provide some quality information.
Dachstein had huge success but were slow with the details.

In the end I couldn't decide between Treviso and Slovenia so have decided to split the prize, 100m each.  Please contact me and arrange to collect at your leisure.

Well done to all  :clap: :clap: :clap:

phil

On behalf of the Tresviso expeditions, many thanks to ukcaving once again!  The rope will be put to good use once more.

Wow! Thanks.  :)

On behalf of the Klic Globin expedition to Slovenia, I would also like to thank UKCaving for the rope sponsorship. It's been really appreciated (even this year we ran out of rope in the end...). It's also great fun to read about other summer expeditions too, which this particular thread has enabled.

I'm sure someone from ICCC based in the UK will be able arrange a pick up at their convenience.