Pelicase. Amazing product/customer service

skippy

Hi all,
Just returned from the Berger. The trip was a roaring success with no incidents bar a slight fopar on my part.
I was carrying the Pelicase containing the Hey phone that was to be used for comms at C1.
At the end of the Meanders/head of Gontards, the case was attached to myself and the rope via 2 snaplinks. As I rounded a bulge in the rock, the snaplinks twisted on themselves causing them to open!!(Quite a scary scenario in itself).
Next thing, the case is freefalling 27m down Gontards. The crash was incredible and it was as well nobody was below me.
On descending the pitch, bits of Pelicase were everywhere as well as the phone!
On inspection, there was only superficial damage to the unit. I tentatively connected the set and the operation lights all illuminated....but would it work at C1?
On arriving at C1, the phone was set up and after a bit of fettling by 'Maj', the phone worked.
This meant the Pelicase did a Stirling job protecting the set.. maybe in a similar way to 'crumple zones' on cars.
The attached photo depicts the damage.
However, on returning to the UK, I contacted Pelicase to advise the team of their quality products. In their response, I was asked several questions..age, condition, how far the case fell etc and they have agreed to replace the case free of charge (y)
I didn't contact them expecting this however, what fantastic customer service.

EVYyGdZhypgbPLKTjWDh-3Ai_q96nXi-XJTeLRKSBMiLji1-UisvMMO5fdZ4f80FoAJyG6-nrQm1gNn3fxeWhEHnkip9_DEHPxTBzJ6ZOfHbkg53t_uzs548EKl9klk9SvG1Tp0rALCPtnFwf4Tr6icD92cquWBQN2cH_S2ZohEYXTMtqRyGeXRSwrJuKzhakEIYFSJlnblFz_kigcRdhtaZSRUKH9Fl8R3605XLAVlF4pphhWpQR3yr1rMMV3vRSMsPt5nlirkbiMWr42tvqmp0i0ILbxpvau5ZIif1hWyiCjt_IGNZPL7F905psfQJm-l2wyMr8fpKegh9HaQSxwD12ImZ8x64LIqNCeBkWVGr2BzKFlGa33yMZ5BMEbauip6cVqPgyUhwx4l7rt4aTB9Ur4PlXjuBo5gUQix6ya-4JQmKtl_VCdRpoTyx9Vy6EcTAHo6VKBFW0-UYAY-lXNdUXQTmq4NQzdW3YCQrVnD97zfGXUanZoTs3FqD4rkzZ2h1ejqvOhO3uvtmbwcxmkPxoA3gK8WpbHq_cMM7Fav1cVw2U1hklTdgWxWA3u9TXfAbwon8bMaOxFdcvj4bzE2siD-KTGAq3Aj8SHZ8pvmz96Z3BvWjEWAaWyKy6nG1qCf6s9pX6yciN7wGpNSLk_W3gIQxfoZz=w1034-h775-no

GT

We've had similar experiences with Peli and their head-torches. Minor faults rectified or replaced totally quibble free. Fantastic company!!

skippy

I tried to link the pic to Google photoss but alas, this doesn't work.
However, the case was pretty well damaged :)