Easy cave near Wirksworth

Mr Ragley

Hi there.
I'm looking for advice for a fairly easy cave to go into around wirksworth. New to the area but have quite a bit of caving experience else where. I've got an old caving mate visiting this weekend so we thought we might dust down our kit and nip down somewhere.
I'm looking at either Jug holes, ball eye mine or Devonshire Cavern. Is there any advice on which is best or if there is any access issues? Access kit wise we only have a few slings, krabs and 5m rope between us.
Thanks.

paul

The suggestions you made should be fine. Have a look at Derbyshire Caving Association's web site https://www.thedca.org.uk/ for access info, etc.

Mr Ragley

I was looking through the guide book for access. Is Ball Eye Mine accessible? Guide book says not are present. And is Cumberland cave access ok? Guide book says partiality collapsed and sealed by double steel door.

Madness

The old showcave entrance to Cumberland is sealed as far as I'm aware, but Wapping Mine connects into it. The entrance to Wapping Mine involves a climb over a wall (Partially walled up adit). I'm not aware of any access issues.

Mr Ragley

Had a cracking little trip down wapping/Cumberland today. Thanks for the tip on that.
It's got me fueled up for caving again. Who's the most active in the area?
Cheers.