What I've Learned From...

Amy

What I've learned from the Brits...

Cheese on toast does indeed solve any problem.
3826_478730968833826_1278313177_n.jpg

I feel much better now.

Your turn! What have you learned from who?

estelle

global_s said:
That bit looks burnt. :(
i'd cut the burnt bits off! Cheese on toast is the best drunken munchie food going... Although i have learned that even if you put it a toaster turned on it's side to try and stop the cheese sliding off into the toaster (because the drunken haze said it would work) it doesn't cook well in a toaster and it will cost you a replacement toaster...  ;)

Laurie

estelle said:
Although i have learned that even if you put it a toaster turned on it's side to try and stop the cheese sliding off into the toaster
Don't forget to set up a catch net for when it pops out!

Blakethwaite

bograt said:
Red Leicester is best. :)

I'd go for a strong cheddar myself, with mustard & onion beneath and loads of pepper. Chillis work well too for an exotic touch.
Admittedly though, with all those extra ingredients you're veering dangerously close to the dark realms of cookery...

Amy

Blakethwaite said:
bograt said:

I'd go for a strong cheddar myself, with mustard & onion beneath and loads of pepper. Chillis work well too for an exotic touch.
Admittedly though, with all those extra ingredients you're veering dangerously close to the dark realms of cookery...
I like you.  :beer:

ChrisJC

Amy said:
Blakethwaite said:
bograt said:

Steady, you don't know what he looks like!  :eek:

Chris.

Amy

ChrisJC said:
Amy said:
Blakethwaite said:
bograt said:

Steady, you don't know what he looks like!  :eek:

Chris.
Good point.  :-\ I demand photos! hahaha

Laurie

Toastie made with home cooked ham and genuine French brie with lashings of salt and pepper cooked in a panini press.  ;)

crickleymal

estelle said:
i'd cut the burnt bits off! Cheese on toast is the best drunken munchie food going... Although i have learned that even if you put it a toaster turned on it's side to try and stop the cheese sliding off into the toaster (because the drunken haze said it would work) it doesn't cook well in a toaster and it will cost you a replacement toaster...  ;)
I learnt several years ago that, when in a drunken haze, boil in the bag cod on toast doesn't work when there is no bread and you substitue Weetabix for the bread.

No bread but.... bread is made from wheat, so weetabix would make a good substitute. At least it made sense at the time. In the morning I came downstairs to find a plate with one Weetabix on it with a bite taken out of it.

Alex

What you guys need is what I have i.e. a toastie maker, its great. Chuck some bread in, chuck some cheese in close the lid. As if by magic you get 4 cheesy triangles.

dunc

Laurie said:
Got one but prefer my panini press.  ;)
On the odd occasion when I venture outside and happen upon some establishment selling such food and I fancy aforementioned food I always ask for a toasted sandwich, not some poncy panini..  :ras:

What on earth has this country become, before long people will be requesting 'fritte e pesce' because it's the new social 'in thing' to say.  ::)