Wanted: 'Potholing; Beneath the Northern Pennines' by David Heap

martinr

Wanted: 'Potholing; Beneath the Northern Pennines' by David Heap

If anyone has copy to sell or knows where I can obtain a copy, preferably in good condition, please let me know.

Thanks
Martin Rowe, Mendip CG

email me:
m_rowe 'at' btopenworld.com

Rachel

Don't know if you ever come up North, but Terry who runs Clapham Village Stores seems to have quite a few old caving books and may know where to get hold of a copy.

martinr

Rachel said:
Don't know if you ever come up North, but Terry who runs Clapham Village Stores seems to have quite a few old caving books and may know where to get hold of a copy.

I live in Arnside, so I will call in later this week! Thanks for the pointer.

Martin

cap n chris

Get it from the library on an inter-loan, if necessary; you can borrow it and read it as many times as you like for next to nowt.

"...The cold indifference...."

martinr

cap 'n chris said:
Get it from the library on an inter-loan, if necessary; you can borrow it and read it as many times as you like for next to nowt.

"...The cold indifference...."

It's to give as a gift. I dont think he will want to return it after 2 weeks.....

H

hoehlenforscher

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h_/203-9693911-6768710?initialSearch=1&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Potholing%3B+Beneath+the+Northern+Pennines&Go.x=5&Go.y=8&Go=Go

martinr

Thanks for the link. I want to buy the book to give as a retirement gift, so I am looking for a copy in at least v.good condition and preferably not ex-library. So if anyone has a good clean copy I am still interested and will pay a good price.

Martin

cave junky

I bought a copy off ebay a couple of months ago, it was in top condition and cost about ?12, there have been a couple of copies on there since so I would keep a look out on there.
Ally

M

MSD

A friend of mine gave me this book when I left university. It's one of my most treasured caving books and definitely a fantastic gift! Unfortunately that means you can't buy my copy, but I wish you luck in your search!

The two books available through Amazon sound pretty identical....but one costs more than double the other. Illustrates the need to shop around when buying second hand books.
Mark

Pitlamp

Terry at the post office in Clapham post office is actually a very good bet as he used to run a second hand bookshop, so has many contacts. I call in most mornings on my way to work. If you want me to ask him for you send me a PM.

cap n chris

I can confirm there is a copy in Wig's collection which will be available at the 10th November auction (and not beforehand - I already asked on your behalf!).

martinr

cap 'n chris said:
I can confirm there is a copy in Wig's collection which will be available at the 10th November auction (and not beforehand - I already asked on your behalf!).

Auction? What auction? Tell me more - my club librarian will be interested....

martinr

Pitlamp said:
Terry at the post office in Clapham post office is actually a very good bet as he used to run a second hand bookshop, so has many contacts. I call in most mornings on my way to work. If you want me to ask him for you send me a PM.

Thanks. I live in Arnside, so I can call in next week.

cap n chris

Many of the caving books previously belonging to Dave Irwin (Wig), RIP, are to be auctioned at Priddy Village Hall on Saturday 10th November, sometime in the afternoon I think - I don't have accurate details but no doubt the Mendip Grapevine will be doing its darndest, as usual, to spread highly accurate and unequivocal info about this and many other topics on a minute-by-minute basis.

graham

Go to:

www.abebooks.co.uk and type in the details. At the time of writing six copies are available, all in the UK