Hobbies Other Than Caving

The Old Ruminator

Pebble Balancing.

This enforced caving lay off has given me time to engage in other hobbies. With great patience and fortitude I have now got to 21 balanced pebbles which is two short of the World record. I shall persevere.

P4140062 by Nicholas Chipchase, on Flickr

cavemanmike

Is that a treaded bar I see down the middle, you've got far too much time on your hands if that's the case  ;)

Speleotron

You almost managed to hide the threaded bar! I remember a trick you can do with spits and climbers' expansion bolts. If you place the bolts in a boulder, and place spits in smaller stones, you can screw the spit in the smaller stone onto the bolt sticking out of the boulder, and make a seemingly impossible structure.

NewStuff

It needs to have 2 wheels and make noise. Preferably lots. And go decently fast. and be made in the 90's.

CyW2j8il.jpg

dFCmIdCl.jpg

And there is another, but it doesn't make much noise and doesn't go fast and was made in 2014, and has no soul or character. So it's getting sold.

Caver Keith

Time to blow the dust off the old Meccano set.

Attachments

• 7F71BA40-AF23-490C-A65F-76A058D66397.jpeg
    7F71BA40-AF23-490C-A65F-76A058D66397.jpeg
    5.8 MB · Views: 145

mrodoc

This guy started doing stuff on the beach at Lyme Regis. Couldn't believe what I was seeing the first time!

https://www.stonebalancing.com/

PeteHall

NewStuff said:
It needs to have 2 wheels and make noise. Preferably lots. And go decently fast. and be made in the 90's.

And there is another, but it doesn't make much noise and doesn't go fast and was made in 2014, and has no soul or character. So it's getting sold.

I prefer 4 wheels, definitely needs to make noise. Preferably lots of V8 noise. And go anywhere. And be made in the 90's.

49774533202_25bcfe9c27_h.jpg

Unfortunately the green one is dead now, but I did strip all the fun bits off before scrapping it, and slowly building various things across onto the Camel. Currently gearbox is half way out converting auto to manual. Bumpers and rock-sliders and suspension arms off the green one have been shot-blasted and galvanised ready to move over, then we should be pretty much there, for now...
Just hoping the price of petrol stays down once this is over as it only does about 12mpg  :eek:

AR

It needs to have strings (4,6,8,10 or 12) and make lots of noise. Annoyingly, just before lockdown kicked in I'd arranged to go over to Nottingham and collect an Ebay bargain (Trace Elliot Speed Twin), now having to wait to get new toy. Oh well, I'll just have to fill the time in by troubleshooting the home-built twin valve overdrive pedal to see why it's not doing anything.

JoshW

Been putting my government allotted daily outside time to use on two non-powered wheels.

Attachments

• 38EF6052-C403-4DDD-9F04-8ED4D9C96C8A.jpeg
    38EF6052-C403-4DDD-9F04-8ED4D9C96C8A.jpeg
    691.1 KB · Views: 159

Stuart France

Was looking forward to more Munro-bagging this summer but have postponed to 2021.  I'm spending more time indoors with my piano right now than I bargained for.  Still, music is a bigger subject than hills.

Attachments

• Munros.jpg
    Munros.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 183

pwhole

You've really grown since I saw you at CaveFest last year - it won't take long to bag those. That paddling pool looks great ;)