New only to ukCaving

Honest John

Have previous caving experience overseas mainly from Micronesia eastward.  Imagine every exhale makes a rasping sound of
respirator expelled bubbles.  Both jaws clench rubber mouthpiece with lips spread wide to inhale a cold breath.  Your entire
body is compressed by attached equipment harnesses, neoprene. and weight of water above.  You have hand signaled your
intent to enter a cave and for your self-contained breathing apparatus partner to eye the entrance.  A thumb push activates
a bright electric light from within ridiculously large hand held yellow casing.  You must probe all shadow in advance of passage.
Reef holes and caverns always house life.  In the sea my reader is no longer the apex predator.  I avoided various coral, the
innocent looking shellfish, and perhaps two meters past the entrance I halted suspended with no contact upon hard surface. 
Ahead was obviously a living wall of flesh.  It essentially occupied space between my floor and ceiling.  Clearly my passage
arrived at a Tee with the cross length fully occupied by something.  It was a beige color having tea cup size circles of taupe.
Top and bottom extended fins were moving.  The angle to my right side with recollection of how exterior reef wall curved
past view of cave entry suggested I exit to see if another reef entrance existed.  Backing out was slow but without incident.
My right thumb kissed the forefinger until my partner understood hazard was near.  I pointed at my upper torso and then my
proposed route to obtain another nod.  We both swam around a wall that went from the silver colored sea surface above to
slow fade to black below.  Blue-green suspended us like a gentle loving mother.  Ahead to my left we both saw a large tree
trunk protruding out of dull mustard colored coral.  Then the shadowed length began to appear shorter as it slowly twisted
our way.  Usually that sort of thing only comes out of caves to take a meal.  Are inclined to believe it had just done so.  Those
in ukCaving with courteous dining manners will know how to depart. 

Brains

So what was the beastie - an eel or something else?
Always thought divers who went underground were very special - the cold sweats and nightmares stopped me from doing it!

ah147

Sounds like a very very large eel or possibly an octopus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honest John

This actual underwater cave outing was only the second contribution by Honest John to ukCaving.
If you feel more comfortable with it under a wet heading please discuss issues with a Moderator.
Please excuse me but I thought being new to ukCaving allowed topics more foreign than France.

Bob G

Honest John said:
Have previous caving experience overseas mainly from Micronesia eastward.  Imagine every exhale makes a rasping sound of
respirator expelled bubbles.  Both jaws clench rubber mouthpiece with lips spread wide to inhale a cold breath.  Your entire
body is compressed by attached equipment harnesses, neoprene. and weight of water above.  You have hand signaled your
intent to enter a cave and for your self-contained breathing apparatus partner to eye the entrance.  A thumb push activates
a bright electric light from within ridiculously large hand held yellow casing.  You must probe all shadow in advance of passage.
Reef holes and caverns always house life.  In the sea my reader is no longer the apex predator.  I avoided various coral, the
innocent looking shellfish, and perhaps two meters past the entrance I halted suspended with no contact upon hard surface. 
Ahead was obviously a living wall of flesh.  It essentially occupied space between my floor and ceiling.  Clearly my passage
arrived at a Tee with the cross length fully occupied by something.  It was a beige color having tea cup size circles of taupe.
Top and bottom extended fins were moving.  The angle to my right side with recollection of how exterior reef wall curved
past view of cave entry suggested I exit to see if another reef entrance existed.  Backing out was slow but without incident.
My right thumb kissed the forefinger until my partner understood hazard was near.  I pointed at my upper torso and then my
proposed route to obtain another nod.  We both swam around a wall that went from the silver colored sea surface above to
slow fade to black below.  Blue-green suspended us like a gentle loving mother.  Ahead to my left we both saw a large tree
trunk protruding out of dull mustard colored coral.  Then the shadowed length began to appear shorter as it slowly twisted
our way.  Usually that sort of thing only comes out of caves to take a meal.  Are inclined to believe it had just done so.  Those
in ukCaving with courteous dining manners will know how to depart.

Kenilworth's writing style seemed oddly familiar; could this be the same person? Inspired by the same substances?