Bag lost in Rowton

Alex

It's been a while I know...

While de-rigging in Rowton, I had just unclipped the cord to untangle the cord from the rope when I got surprised by someone appearing above me (why was anyone else mad enough to go caving in that weather!?). I looked down again just in time to see it roll off the drop into the abyss below. (This was from the landing of the eye hole).

No rope in the bag as I had not tied the rope on the end of it, so at least I got that back. As it was empty it's likely floated off. So it could be anywhere between the big ledge and well Keld head. But if anyone sees it on their travels could you drop it off in Inglesport please. Its got my name on it so it should be easy to spot.

Beer or free brekkie in it for you if you leave me your details.

Thanks,

Alex

Alex

P.s. It was not the bag I had just won from the conservation thing, luckily my mates have that lol.

Alex

Looked like this

12764836_10208865567015404_4387829553050630446_o.jpg

This was about an hour before I lost it.

Simon Beck

Nah long gone! From where you dropped it, we'd have seen it when doing the pull-through last month if it was still there.

todcaver

My mate is like a sniffer dog when it comes to finding gear ( or its just fluke
Anyway hopefully going on Sunday , will keep an eye out just in case  :blink:

Alex

I have the bag back now thanks alot. Adel according to the original post I made I owe you a pint, how and where do you want it?

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
Alex said:
I have the bag back now thanks alot. Adel according to the original post I made I owe you a pint, how and where do you want it?

I think with inflation, Brexit, devaluation of the pound, global warming and the shear time scale involved you've got to looking at a pint and a bag of crisps by now.

Alex

After 2.5 years! Last seen heading for Morecambe Bay - so: Where was it found and where has it been?

I believe it was wrapped around some cobbles in the main downstream passage in Rowton/Valley entrance, on the Valley entrance side of the sumps. Apparently its an area normally underwater but due to the recent drought, the water level dropped enough for my bag to be revealed.

Simon Beck

Alex said:

Spelling Adele's name correctly for once may well be, just reward, enough.

Balmerfish

Hiya Alec ( opps Alex  ;) )

Happy you have got bag back. Stick a couple of quid in UWFRA collection bucket some time and we can call it quits. The bag seemed in reasonable nick, given the length of time it?s been missing.

Adele