Old Texolex Helmet

Josephine D

I have my dads old caving texolex helmet which would have been well used in the 1960's when he was a member of the Leeds caving club. Seems a shame for it to end up just being thrown out but not sure if anyone can use it for an exhibit or a display item at all? Happy to post it

Attachments

• Helmet 1.jpg
    Helmet 1.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 119
  • Helmet 2.jpg
    Helmet 2.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 101
  • Helmet 3.jpg
    Helmet 3.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 98

pwhole

That's a beautiful thing - please don't throw it out! Seems like a candidate for some kind of sculpture component to me, not that I'm a sculptor :)

Pitlamp

Can I suggest you don't do anything until "Skippy" on this forum sees this? he may be interested in having it for the Skipton museum display.

Thanks for thinking of us and not just chucking it out.

tim.rose2

There is at least one person in the world still using one (in fact it was underground just last weekend)...

50108801853_cb49abe9bf.jpg

langcliffe

langcliffe said:
Brings back some memories... Zero no
Not sure where the "Zero no" came from. Probably something to do with my inability to find my way round a portable telephone.

Mark Wright

I'll donate ?10 to a charity of your choice for it, pay for the postage and donate it to Skipton Museum in my will.

I bought my first Texolex from Don Morrison's on London Road in Sheffield in 1979 and this brought back some good memories. I'd be wearing it on my next caving trip with a Premier stuck on the front.

Mark