Amazing Raisin

Wren

Many years ago (mid 70s) A bloke caved with ULSA for a time.  He used to wear a tee shirt with Amazing Raisin on it.  Has anybody any Idea who it was?  He may have been from Derbyshire but I'm not sure.

Dickie

The Amazing Raisin bar was a fairly short-lived chocolate bar that Dave Gill decided would be a cheaper option than Mars Bars for the 1973 Eldon expedition to the PSM, much to the team's disgust. Anyway, the trip quickly gained the name Amazin Razin Show but we didn't get t-shirts printed. It was a bit of a mad trip really; the Poles got trapped doing the through trip from the Tete Sauvage to the EDF and we got trapped for 28 hours in the Aniallara entrance shafts by the same major storm and we failed to extend the Arphidia!
About a month later, we again got trapped for 28 hours in Strans Gill and on our way out we met the rescue team coming in. Oliver Statham (Bear) had an ammo tin with him that was full of, you guessed it, Amazing Raisin bars. I think our reaction was not what he expected (aaargh!! not that shit!) and he shot off back up the pitch. Never eaten one since.

Wren

I was fairly sure that the person who had the tee shirt was from the Eldon.  He helped me pull an exhausted chap out of Dowbergill Passage during an ULSA trip; but I can't remember his name!