ANDREW MOORHOUSE

F

fox20thc

This guy is quite famous as being a complete "nobody"; a total fantasist who collects gullible people who have no or little knowledge of the outdoor scene and recruits them as followers. A CLASSIC INFERIORITY COMPLEX SCENARIO. His actions at Giant's Hole actually caused the accident, he was totally unable to effect a rescue and would probably have killed his girlfriend if two Eldon members (one also DCRO) hadn't told him to bugger off and took control. He is a total fraud with no consideration for the people he may injure or kill. He claims to friends that he was in the SAS and was asked to leave with the express reason of setting up International & National Rescue (which doesn't exist!) He was never in the SAS either. Visit his website. He used to hang around various outdoor shops wearing his IS&R patch (which I believe he had made himself) trying to collect novices. He is a dangerous individual and all should be aware of him. Many people are currently investigating Moorhouse, let's hope he grows up and gets a life. :shock:

bubba

Administrator
See http://ukcaving.com/board/viewtopic.php?p=2951 for the rest of the info about this bloke.

davekgautier

Beware he is still around and active in Sheffield I have recently had contact with him. He is claiming to be ex army and Mountain Rescue Team Leader. He obviously lives in a fantasy world but the worrying aspect is that he is very convincing and credible and only by examining what he says closely can one see inconsistencies in his stories.
I think deep down he is a decent person with deep psychological problems but I can now see the dangerous side to his fantasies,,,, :-\

Sooty

I read an earlier posting regarding ending this subject.
If it wasnt for you people I wouldnt know what situation I could be getting into.
So a big thanks to you all for the heads up.

cap n chris

Incoming!....

This arrived on the FB page today:

"Hi. Could you post this anon please. I met this man, calling himself Andrew Spencer, recently on Badoo. I only chatted to him for a while & never actually met him in person but his fantasies are extreme. He said he was in mountain rescue, had PTSD from war zone experiences and was a sergeant major in the army from the age of 25. He did invite me to go for a trek in the Peak District but I made an excuse & didn't go. This man is very convincing, always breaking off conversations because he was 'on duty' & got called out. I'm a mental health nurse & I was almost taken in but not quite. A search on here told me what I was beginning to suspect. I do worry though, as he also said that he takes groups of school children on outdoor pursuits, which is concerning if he's not qualified to do so. On balance I do think that Andrew Spencer, or whatever his name is, is probably mentally ill & is potentially a very dangerous man. "

exsumper

When all of these anonymous women, meet an obvious nutcase online or otherwise, why do they all decide that the best people to report it to are UKCaving?  Why not the Police or some mental health charity? Where do they learn about UKCaving in the first place.

I'm pparticularly surprised that a mental health nurse hasn't done more?

I really am genuinely curious. I cannot follow the logic?

Mark

Just seen this on Facemither

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-17 at 18.50.02.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-17 at 18.50.02.png
    298.7 KB · Views: 409

moletta

I think there was a similar problem in the canoeing world, with the individual targeting a women and milking them for money etc.