Wanted: ROI based Uni CC trip exchange with GB based Uni CC

TUD

Hi All,

We're a small university club based in Ireland looking to do some cave exploring in Great Britain. Ideally we would love to host another university caving club from the UK to come over to us and join us on a caving trip and in return let us come round and cave in their neck of the woods.

Any uni caving club or caving club out there interested in an exchange please get in touch.  :) :sneaky:

Cheers
TUD CC

SqueezyPete

I currently cave with University of Nottingham caving club, but my home's in Northern Ireland so I've been trying to get people to hop over the sea with me for a while :LOL:

I'll have a look what our plans are for the coming term, we're always up for joint trips, and our sort of home turf is the peak district (it's only an hour away at most) so if you pay a visit there it'll be easy to pop up and say hi :) Plus it's a great caving region - Peak Cavern is an awesome system, along with all the others.

Here's our club page:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/nucaving/

I'm looking to go to the forum with a few others although I've not made concrete plans yet and I want to do more caving when I'm next home (likely the summer). So you may well meet some of us there anyway!

CavingPig

Another from NI here, currently do most of my caving with Bristol uni and would be keen to help out if you fancy visiting Mendip or pop over to South Wales! :)

nearlywhite

Dare I say it but you may wish to hit up the CHECC Facebook group (and yes Jane, I know it's a soulless company but people use it!). Also give SUSS a bell, they're very Irish friendly  :)

RMiller

Heya!

OUCC are always keen for joint trips! Feel free to drop an email to either our meet sec or student chair - meetsec@oucc.org.uk & chair@oucc.org.uk

Hope to hear from you soon!

Becca

Maddoghouse

Hey mate!

So I've let the dirty dirty student cavers know of your post! A lot of people are keen! A lot of clubs are keen!

Feel free to message me for more info!

See ya around on behalf of CHECC!

Jacob

Reading are always keen for Ireland trips! We cave all over the country but most commonly in South Wales and Mendips. Drop us an email (readingcavers@gmail.com), we'd love to hear back from you guys!

TUD

Hi All,

Thanks for the info guys, it's really great to hear that there are many people keen on the idea.

This year we were made aware of the event that is the CHECC caving students meet but unfortunately none of our members could have made it. We hope to have some of us join another year. Excuse my lack of knowledge but I'm actually not aware of what SUSS is.

What's the academic year layout like for the UK? Is it the same as here, Sept to Dec semester 1 and then Jan to May semester 2 with a two weeks break for Easter or does it vary with every college?

Thanks A Lot
TUD CC

SUSS are Sheffield University Speleological Society. If you saw any cavers at the last 3 forums or SUICRO this year there's a good chance they were SUSS :)

I'm planning on hitting up the Irish Student Forum again this year. Happy to drive people if I have space/help others get out there.

I'm sure SUSS would be keen for an exchange; we're quite well placed as we're close to the Peak District (though if you're ropework happy I may have to betray myself and suggest the Dales as the better venue). I'm not on the exec anymore but I could put you in contact if you like

Botch