AN: the most recently active forum threads

skimble

Hi all.
I've just found my way here and am testing the facilities.  :)

Attached and hopefully visible to everyone is the state of the forum just before the plug was pulled, just in case anyone wants to resurrect any of the topics.

Attachments

• AN_forum_only_latest.jpg
    AN_forum_only_latest.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 496
Another waif enters the room, but just to suggest I have some valid (if now rather ancient) track record I've bothered with an avatar of my younger brother at the top of Calf Holes waterfall and me at the bottom (1968/9?), we climbed down it as we missed the passage to the letter box and couldn't be bother to go back, not that the short scramble was that bold.

Jim

sinker

Jim MacPherson said:
Another waif enters the room.....

I'm here too. Thanks go out to UKC for re-homing us  :hug:

I'm sure I've been a cave once....Pool Parc about 12 years ago. Never again  :LOL:

pwhole

Now we're talking. They sometimes let you swear on here too, but don't say f*ck or b*gger  :halo:

shotlighter

sinker said:
Jim MacPherson said:

I'm sure I've been a cave once....Pool Parc about 12 years ago. Never again  :LOL:
Yes but you do have to descend a 300 foot mine shaft first😀
(Mr.C)

royfellows

pwhole said:
Now we're talking. They sometimes let you swear on here too, but don't say f*ck or b*gger  :halo:

Hi Paul

Plenty of F on UKC but not on AN

The story is thus

A few years ago i was at a NAMHO annual conference at premises run by an educational establishment, and was using their WiFi on my laptop. I tried to get into the old "Dark Places", remember that, and found access blocked as "Unsuitable Content".

This puzzled me, as DP was hardly "Naughty Housewives", it was mainly devoted to the exploration of Wiltshire stone mines, so I logically assumed it must be stuff on the forum.
Well the aditnow forum is just a small part of the total resource. In fact it is an enormous resource for educational establishments.

I had a talk with Simon on this a while ago. Aditnow has always been strict, but we do have a bit of history of the odd 'spats'. I feel that it is our mutual interest that brings us together, but our politics and opinions on contentious subjects is what would divide us, so best to keep it off. Of course, all the right wing, left wing, blah, blah , blah pales into insignificance compared to the potentially explosive subject of mineral dealing.

I think I have said enough, so I leave it at that.

sinker

shotlighter said:
sinker said:
Jim MacPherson said:

Yes but you do have to descend a 300 foot mine shaft first😀
(Mr.C)

Descending on the winch was fine but ASCENDING.... I think the clutch was juddering or something!!
Actually I remember now...it was a novice winch operator. I realised this as my head popped out of the collar and saw who was driving it!

ChrisJC

LJR said:
I have also found my way here, updated a few things and ready to go. :clap:

Les

I (and Mr. Down and Beyond) are looking forward to your talk on Thursday Les.

Chris.