Random things in caves

mikem

Some years ago I remember there being a toy elephant between sumps 1 & 2 in Swildons & a teddy bear in the Bear Pit in Rod's Pot, another time there was a glow in the dark model skull left in Aveline's - what other random stuff have you seen underground?

Mike

Alex

Hmm a glow in the Dark skelton in BPOTW, may have photo somewhere on the clubs flicker account.

A peice of a ceramic cup in Swinstoe.

Of course not forgetting my wellies and gloves everywhere. There is a new one to find anyone fancy a treasure hunt lol.

Peter Burgess

A pile of a quarryman's discarded mussel shells deep in a medieval stone quarry in Merstham. Obviously from a time before the sandwich or pastie was invented.

Elaine

A Christmas tree complete with lights in Swildons, and an inflatable bat hanging from the roof in Slaughter Stream Cave are the two things that come to mind at the moment.

gus horsley

Pile of Lego bricks on a ledge in Bruntscar Cave, milk churn in Greenbridge Cave, mini (car) in mineshaft, aeroplane engine in mineshaft, pair of glasses in Cwmdwr and a durex in Attermire Cave  :yucky:

SamT

funny = rubber duck staring at me through the air gap  in mud sump in swildons and the 'Wookey (avoiding memory loss) 41/2 miles' sign.

Weird =  the 'shrine' in Croesor Rhosydd with all sorts of weird memorabilia, including a Kriss Kross cd..
"Jump Jump y'all  :D"

Yuck = soiled pantie liner at the bottom of the entrance slope to Winnats Head.

paul

Inflatable woman (punctured unfortunately) in entrance to Old Ash Mine.

A nude cyclist on a mountain bike in Pollnagollum, County Clare.

Tennis balls in Swildons Hole.

seddon

Woman in stockings, suspenders and (probably) basque in Sidcot. Plus goose pimples, I seem to remember.

KevinR

A canoe on the water before Sump 2 Swildons (we had taken it in & and took it out).
Plastic bat in Hunter's Lodge Sink Inn.
A watch in Singing River Mine.

Oh and..
"A Christmas tree complete with lights in Swildons," circa 1981 ? that was me if you connected a NiFe lamp to the lights they worked :)

bagpuss

Plastic bat in Swildons, uneaten mars bar at the bottom of the ladder pitch on the side(wanted to eat it but left it for someone more deserving)

Also gives me an excuse to post a photo of this creepy toy found in Denny's hole at the weekend:
4802855512_709b3e77bc.jpg

Les W

Elaine said:
A Christmas tree complete with lights in Swildons, and an inflatable bat hanging from the roof in Slaughter Stream Cave are the two things that come to mind at the moment.

There used to be a plastic rat on a ledge at the bottom of the final pitch in Slaughter Entrance as well. Don't know if it's still there though.

Les W

SamT said:
funny = rubber duck staring at me through the air gap  in mud sump in swildons and the 'Wookey (avoiding memory loss) 41/2 miles' sign.

"Wookey Hole 1 1/2 miles avoiding City Centre"  :sneaky:

Lampwick

paul said:
Inflatable woman (punctured unfortunately) in entrance to Old Ash Mine.

T'was opposite Old Ash, in Lords And Ladies mine where Slim Jim took a fancy to the deflated woman reclining in the pool, hence the new name of Lords And Latex mine.

Sorry Slim, secret's out now.
And what do you mean by "unfortunately" Paul?

JonP

Can of "pussy" in the Workshop in JH.

"Caution runners" sign in the entrance crawl in Daren.