Youle Single Bulb Caplamps

Addy

Does anyone have any of the old Youle single bulb headsets? (Youle caplamps?)
These are not the two bulb type...

Caving Supplies (and undoubtedly others) used to sell them as second hand 'low cost' lamps for caving.
If you have one (or more!) lurking in the garage etc. I'd be interested. It doesn't need to be in good condition, I only really need the shell (preferably with spigot), bezel and glass.

Cheers,
Graham.

paul

Addy said:
Does anyone have any of the old Youle single bulb headsets? (Youle caplamps?)
These are not the two bulb type...

Caving Supplies (and undoubtedly others) used to sell them as second hand 'low cost' lamps for caving.
If you have one (or more!) lurking in the garage etc. I'd be interested. It doesn't need to be in good condition, I only really need the shell (preferably with spigot), bezel and glass.

Cheers,
Graham.

I have a feeling I saw one in the window of the small antique/junk shop in Castleton very near the bridge by the path to Peak Cavern's entrance.

D

Dave H

I still have one in my stock of lamps.

It's been due to be the next headset replaced for years (on account of the single bulb), but has never made it as my stock of other broken headsets increases  :mad: and it's still going strong.  (y)

I'm not hiring my stock out much now. With the advent of ?3.50 LED lights from Singapore, the groups that used to hire from me now replace the lamps along with the AA cells, and won't even use my Oldhams for free - to bulky and heavy for little Jonny!  :cry:

BTW
Has anyone else had problems with T6 batteries corroding the cable connectors, and if left, their own terminals as well?

SamT

Dave H said:
BTW
Has anyone else had problems with T6 batteries corroding the cable connectors, and if left, their own terminals as well?

My T3 has been left for a while now - and terminals are a bit corroded. (no cable attached.)

graham

SamT said:
Dave H said:
BTW

My T3 has been left for a while now - and terminals are a bit corroded. (no cable attached.)

This cannot be ... Oldhams never ever give any problem of any sort whatsoever, ;)

SamT

its no problem - they are just a bit tanished

Its been left in the garden for nearly a year with acid spilt on it (from a botched refill attempt that was enirely my fault). So I'd say its doing rather well. Bet it still works too -  :ras:  ;)

shotlighter

Dave H said:
BTW
Yes the previous one to present. The LH terminal (without looking I can't remember if + or -) crumbled away to dust when I touched it. I'd used the lamp on a 6hr trip 2 days before with no problems & only taken the top off to check the vaseline round the terminals. I'd forgotten to put any on :cry:.
It had even charged normaly after the trip. Bloody annoying though, to have a virtualy new battery (6 month ish) full of 'lectric but unable to get it out.
Oh BTW I recall seeing that Youle that Paul saw in Castleton, about 3wks before Christmas.

graham

:LOL: :LOL: Sorry Shotlighter, to laugh at your misfortune, but I bet that Cap'n Chris hasn't had any of his Petzl lights dissolve after only 6 months and I bet he doesn't have to load them all up with Vaseline either.

shotlighter

graham said:
:LOL: :LOL: Sorry Shotlighter, to laugh at your misfortune, but I bet that Cap'n Chris hasn't had any of his Petzl lights dissolve after only 6 months and I bet he doesn't have to load them all up with Vaseline either.
No, but I bet he dosn't spend every weekend for 6 months wading waist deep through very acidic mine water?
The same mine too - OK I'm a boring old git :)