Daren Cilau Fixed Aids.

Trig Gledhill

Apologies if this has been asked before,

What fixed aids are in place at the pitch up on it Higher Things and into the Time Machine?

I understand there's a ladder but am I right in thinking there's rope there for lifeline also.

And what's time scale for a reasonably fit, sausage roll fuelled caver [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

PeteHall

There is a rope (possibly a kit hauling rope) that we used as a lifeline. It runs in a loop through a pulley so you can belay from either end. The ropes seemed in good condition.

I found the ladder surprisingly strenuous and moving from the lower to upper ladder was unnerving doing it for the first time without a lifeline...

I also found that the ladders cut into your feet quite a bit, so best wear a decent pair of wellies.

If I remember rightly, it took us about 6 hours for a return trip to Bonsai Streamway, but maxf might correct that.

Caver Keith

This is not on of my best videos but will give you some idea of what the ladder pitch is like.

http://youtu.be/d4LR1cvomvg

John S

There are two ropes on the 65. A haul rope and a lifeline.
The haul rope goes to a different location at the top so its a bugger if you use it by mistake.
The lifeline hangs closer to the ladder, just make sure its not around the ladder before you start.

Trig Gledhill

Caver Keith said:
This is not on of my best videos but will give you some idea of what the ladder pitch is like.

http://youtu.be/d4LR1cvomvg
Cheers Keith,  I did watch this video the other night which my whet my appetite and forced me to ask the question of what aids are still in there.

Looks a bit fun but worth it!

Trig Gledhill

John S said:
There are two ropes on the 65. A haul rope and a lifeline.
The haul rope goes to a different location at the top so its a bugger if you use it by mistake.
The lifeline hangs closer to the ladder, just make sure its not around the ladder before you start.
Awesome cheers John, good to know.

Standby for trip report guys